Another day where I didn't have to go into work, but that is OK by me this week, as I still had plenty to do to get the party ready! So first on my list of things to do today, was another trip to the shops, I had forgotten a couple of things that we need. One of them being coffee - and we need that if we are doing "coffee and cakes"! Oops!
Once back home I headed straight outside and got the garden ready. I wanted to pull down the stinging nettles, that the kids could get caught up in. I put on a long sleeve shirt and gloves, but I can still feel the nettles burn on my fingers! But the kids should all be safe when they go and look at the chickens tomorrow!
Then I got the strimmer out (I hate that machine, I just can't stand the noise it makes) but I gritted my teeth and bared it, and got the grass trimmed so that the trampoline can go back up tomorrow! I have a new net for it, so there is nothing to stop us! The boys are quite excited about it all. And this is what the back garden looks like now - I have left the front bed full of "weeds" but the buttercups are so pretty, and it looks so much better like this than chopped down and with the uneven earth showing through - even if Florian doesn't agree with me!
My friend who treated us to pizza on my birthday gave me a ring, she had to work a bit later, could I pick her son up at Kindergarden. No problem, he was pleased that he was allowed to play indoors when we got back, he was lucky that I was busy baking bread, cause really in this beautiful sunshine, we should have been outside. His Mum got here at exactly the same time as Florian. It was funny to open the door to both!
I then carried on in the kitchen and I have made two different dips for tomorrow, and this evening I made some fairy cakes.
Outside in the barn we carried on with the tidying and sorting. We have put the tabletop football in the garage, and we will be putting all the kids toys and things there too, so everything for the kids is in one place! It looks good and I can't wait for the party tomorrow!
I think it all wore Florian out he has been snoring for most of the evening. But that means he will be fit for tomorrow now!
CU then (maybe, might be busy partying!)

2 comments:
Wow-wow-wow posting on a friday!!! ;-)
Have a great patty tomorro! We're supposed to have good weather tomorrow, hope you have too!
It was a great party and the weather in Giesel was fantastic, we left the rain at home.
Post a Comment