Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Day 29

Today was slightly different that planned, Robert has had a cold since Sunday afternoon, but when he woke up this morning he had a fever too, so no school for Robert. He felt pretty rotten all day, but it didn't get worse, so that is a start.
Whilst he was playing on the Wii, or doing Lego. I made the christening pamphlet for a friend, and then I worked on correcting someones physics thesis. It is 135 pages long and I am now at page 12, but don't ask me if I understood anything. I don't have the foggiest idea what I have been reading. I am just trying to find any obvious language mistakes, and with all the gibberish - sorry physics- I am reading they really do have to be obvious!

At lunch time posty stopped by with a HUGE parcel for Richard. I recognised the firm it came from, but I didn't remember ordering anything, so I was quite puzzled. When Richard opened it though, it was clear who it was from - Thank you Dinphy and family! It was a lovely surprise. He loves all the bits in there and he was quite at a loss as to whether to start crafting or finish the lego! Here he is with his present

And here he is with the Lego. They were upstairs most of the afternoon working on building the police station! I got another cuddle and thank you for getting it, Mummy. So I think we did alright!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

OOPS! Yeah, I now realize there wasn't a spot to add anything personal, so I can imagine you were puzzled! Sorry for that!

Hope Richard understood it meant to say
'HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY RICHARD!
WE LOVE YOU LOTS AND HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY'
;)

I first started out at amazone - where I used to go, and where we did get to add a personal message -But after making a selection, we found out we had to pay separate shipment on nearly everything. Sorry, but I'm not willing to pay twice on shipment as what I'm spending on the gift!
But we liked the idea of lots of blue crafty thingies, so I searched for 'basteln online' and found this site. (learning german as I go, LOL)
How fun you knew the firm, I just picked the one I thought looked large, and where I could search for ´blue´ within their store.

Oh and I can tell you, i had a LOT of fun searching and choosing all kinds of blue bits to craft with! If it wasn't there in blue, it didn't get a chance. hehe.

But what a huge box! Hope Richad wasn't too disappointed it wasn't filled to the brim, as I think the large box makes the contents look a bit small. Especially to a child.
I´d say they send him an extra gift, as I'm sure Richard can be trusted to find use for the box as well! :)

Best wishes to Robert, hope he gets well soon.

Hugs!