I had - what I thought - a very clever idea on my way to bed last night. I reset my alarm clock to 7am, cause I was driving in to school today for Richard's baking and crafting day, and Roberts bus doesn't leave so early. Perfect - or so I thought!
At 6.30am Robert was stood by my bed "shouldn't we be getting up, Mummy?", I sent him back to bed and told him of my plan.
After we had finished breakfast at 7.20am Robert stands in the middle of the kitchen pointing at the clock and says "OK, so I have to be at school in 10 minutes!" AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Why didn't he mention that at 6.30am!!!!
I could have kicked myself! Oh well, I wrote him a note as to why he was late, bundled both boys up and took Robert to school too. I think he was only about 15 minutes late in the end, could have been worse.
As I got to school with Richard, I realised that I had forgotten the drinks for the kids at home, so I dropped Richard off at school, and headed home to get them.
Back at school, before starting the crafting I did a small shift at the library. I just wasn't in the mood for Mum's and baking! Turns out though Richard missed me, sorry darling!
Here he is busy making an origami candle holder
he also made a woven basket, which was his favourite, I'll try to get a picture of him with it tomorrow.
Most of the morning I worried about whether or not Robert would be bringing his classmates home with him to go out and sell their cards, and if he did how many! Well he came home with all that were invited. My spaghetti bolognese went down well, and I think they had a good time going round Giesel selling them.
At 4pm I drove them all home again and Richard to Karate, I didn't go to sport today as Robert had to stay home and get his homework done. Poor guy has not warmed to long division and it takes him ages. Sounds like he needs more practice to me!
CU tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment