Monday, 2 July 2012

Day 185

Is today Friday the 13th?? Nope, well it certainly felt like it!
It started off with a long discussion in the car on the way to work all about football - not my choice of subject and it didn't really put me in a good mood. When I got in to work, my boss was furious to see me! Apparently I should have phoned first, and not just appear, especially as I had said I wouldn't be coming in in the holidays! Fine, point taken, but if I don't go in I don't get paid, and they just made me stay home for 2 whole weeks!!
I was allowed to stay until a colleague got there who could tell me if there was any work for me. When she got there I went up with her and yep 1500 words to be translated, that is 2 days work. BUT I bet they wouldn't have sent me that home if I hadn't come in! Well, back down at my desk, I was then called in to my boss's boss for a "Talking to"! Great fun. Apparently at our firm if you come in, do your work and go home when you are done, you are not doing your job properly and they don't need that sort of employee! I am now supposed to come in and turn the computer on and then mingle. I need to know my colleagues, ask questions and never just work! STRANGE firm, I tell you!

We left at 10.30am as Robert had had enough of keeping himself occupied, he did pretty well for 2.5 hours! And I will have to finish my translation tomorrow at home.
On the way home I got caught by a speed camera, hopefully it was within the tolerance I don#t think I was speeding too much!
Back home I had 5 loads (at least) of washing waiting for me, and today of all days the washing machine goes on strike! AGH!!!! When I then went to make lunch for me and Robert there was no cream left for the spaghetti sauce, that was a bit much for my nerves and I ended up crying over having no cream! Poor Robert didn't know what was going on!
I posted on facebook and got lots and lots of virtual cuddles and it really really helped! I think to that my sport helped a lot too. I got to get some of the frustration out there. And back home again, one phone call to Katrin and my first load of washing was on - in her machine! So I am getting there. Oh and Robert's camera is broken, the lense won't go back in! Grrrrrr! And of course no sign of the bill for it! Bother, bother, bother!

Whilst waiting for my washing to wash the boys and I were round Katrins, and that too helped, and now I am back to my normal self! Still loathe work and that isn't going to change, just cause they think I should smile there! I'll just think of it as being paid to smile and get on with it, when they let me come in, cause now I am only allowed in, if I have called first. And they tell me I'm not flexible! (did you hear me tut!)

Here is a good thing that came out of my morning at work! Robert started his holiday diary. He drew a picture of his first jump off of the 3m diving board and wrote a bit about the weekend! I hope he keeps it up!

CU tomorrow and I promise in a better mood!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

One of those days... Ugh!
Let's hope today is better.
Should be, right?

Weird job. So, you get paid to mingle and smile, instead of translate? So, when they say you can only come one day because they don't have that much work, you actually have two days work, as you have to mingle too? hehe. ;)

LOVE Robert's holiday diary! Keep it up Robert! Well written, I could read it with ease AND understand it too! :)