Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Day 213

So the men with the windows were here nice and bright and early this morning. They started banging at about 8am. Luckily everyone was awake by then. They finished off upstairs first, and then they came down and started on the kitchen. I got a couple of pictures when they had their coffee break!


This second one is of just what they encountered when they took the old window out, the wall had three different solid layers, that they weren't expecting and they had to "drill" it to make the windows fit. And that on all 9 windows of course took a lot longer and made a LOT more mess.

At lunch we improvised, as we couldn't get to the kitchen cupboards, we used paper plates, which I keep in the utility room.  I could get to the fridge (just about) and got out the cheeses and meats, and Hans went and got rolls for us all, and we ate in the garden! Thank goodness the weather was on our side!

After lunch Dinphy and Hans went into town and to the local petting zoo. I pinched one of Dinphy's photos to show you!

Whilst they were gone the boys and I mowed the lawn. And when the workmen had gone I started trying to get rid of some dust. BUt as they will be back in the morning, I only got rid of the worst of it, in the lounge.

In the evening Hans and Dinphy took us out to the Chinese restaurant.

Thank you very much, it was delicious!

CU tomorrow

No comments: