Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Day 40

This morning I had an appointment at the car workshop to mend the scratch that Florian put in the bumper just before the new year. (He reversed into a pile of snow, which wasn't only snow but a big stone flower pot!) Whilst I was in hospital someone from the insurance came around to assess the damage (about 800 Euros), the complete rear bumper needs replacing. Well Monday I got todays appointment for that to be fixed, and for them to check my rear lights as they haven't been working either (only on the right, so we weren't completely invisible to others).
I got there at 8.30am and was told that mmh, not sure we are expecting you for a new bumper....WHAT!...apparently that is another "department", but he would ring them and see about it, but he would look at the lights...about 30minutes later I had to sign a form so he could actually go out to the car and look at the lights. Then someone else from the other department comes and no they can't do my bumper today, cause although they have the form from the insurance, they didn't know whose car and when it was coming in...funny that, cause my call was before the fax from the insurance got there...Oh well, he took the "Colour Number" and will have the new bumper sprayed before I come in and then they will change the bumper then and there shouldn't take longer than an hour then. I'll believe that when it happens. Meanwhile the guy looking at my rear lights comes back in and says he changed the light bulb...????...why am I puzzled, well about 2 weeks ago, Florian took the car in for them to check the lights too, only then it only happened sometimes and they told him that it wasn't the bulb, but the contacts. Oh well, they changed the bulb, I paid my €1.49 and went on my way...Only took just over an hour!

Gosh what a week, feels like all I am doing is complaining, sorry!
I did have a nice afternoon, after the boys spent ages tidying up and Robert ages doing his homework, we finally made it outside (beautiful sunshine again) at 3.45pm. We had to go and get a new exercise book for Robert, post a couple of letters and I promised them that we would go to our little zoo. By the time we got there it was about 4.30pm and I really thought it was too late to go, cause the sun goes down there earlier than everywhere else...(its in a valley). But they really really wanted to go and I had promised. So then it was decision time for the boys - feed the animals or take pictures. They are MY boys - of course they took pictures (give me 30minutes then you can check their blogs for their pictures)! And I took pictures of them taking pictures!And this next fellow, was their favourite I think, he certainly had us giggling away. The boys kept saying to him "Pretty Polly, Pretty Polly" and the cockatoo kept nodding away as if to say "yes thats my name" so then the boys tried "Robert, Richard, Robert, Richard" and then the bird HONESTLY shook his head - no that's not my name! It was so funny! (but maybe you had to be there!)CU tomorrow

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

I never did understand how it is that a bumper is SO expensive! -to me that's a thing that should prevent you from damage and high costs should you bump into something!

The little zoo looks great, off to see the boys photo's!