When I got home Posty rang, and look what he brought me!!!!
This afternoon Richard went to a birthday party and Robert and I went to his school to see his teacher - our first parent teacher meeting. I think I got a pretty normal report for a boy, he has to learn to control his temper - apparently he gets into a few scuffs (6 to one half a dozen the other kind of thing though), he doesn't always concentrate and takes too long to do things some days (not all the time), his handwriting could be better, but really nothing awful. ANd on the good side, the teacher is really pleased with his German, and his reading is coming on in leaps and bounds. That put a big smile on my face. The only thing that I didn't really like hearing is that he plays too much Wii, apparently that shows on a Monday in his behaviour - oops!
Reading back over that it sounds more bad than good, but it wasn't, it was a good report for Robert and I am proud of him.
After that we had the afternoon to ourselves, first it was homework and then Robert wanted to make a layout and story like Richard. So far he has made a layout, apparently tomorrow is the day to write the story.
Richard got back from his party at about 7pm and it was straight to bed, he had a good time, but he will tell me more tomorrow. Sometimes he says the cutest things!
CU tomorrow
1 comment:
Your book looks GREAT!! Can't wait to browse through it!
And Robert's report doesn't sound bad! Teachers seem to emphasize on the 'bad' things, as that's what they'd like to improve. Good things get mentioned in between the lines. ;)
I always reckon that everything she didn't mention: those are also good things. ;)
Adjusting from kindergarden to school is a hard thing, it's so different!
And it's he does well with the German and reading! :)
Hm, can't help but wondering how she can tell if it IS it the Wii, or just the getting back into school-routines after the weekend?
It's easy for a teacher to blame the Wii, especially if Robert mentions playing at it at school. ;)
Hugs!
Post a Comment