Friday, 16 March 2012

Day 76

Well, I was a bit surprised when I didn't hear at all from Florian in the morning before his operation, I thought he was taking a sleeping pill at 9am, and then would be off for the operation. Apparently I have since heard, he had sleeping pills for the night then was woken at 6am and given something else and then slept until they wheeled him off for the operation. That explains the silence on his end!
All went well, and he finally phoned me at 4.30pm to let me know. His legs are all bandaged up and he says it hurts. We will go tomorrow and see for ourselves how he is doing.

The rest of the day was as follows. In the morning I went shopping, I had to get a birthday present for one of Robert's friends, so I went to our shopping mall, and took my time. I got back home at 11 ish. When I did get home there was a phone call on the answer machine from Robert's teacher...that made my heart plummet to my feet. But at the same time, I worked out that if they phoned at 10 and it was something really important (like broken bones) they would have tried more than once...so my heart came back up to its rightful place before I dialed the school. I got the school secretary who had heard what the problem was. Apparently one of the kids laughed whilst chewing gum and that gum ended up stuck in Robert's hair!
The teacher had called, so that I could go to school and cut it out of his hair, or give him (the teacher) permission to do it. As I didn't call school til 11.15am it was too late for that and Robert came home with gum in his hair....
Well, came home...mmmh,.. he didn't come straight home and I was sort of getting a bit worried. I had to pick Richard up at 12am so I was looking for Robert whilst doing that, no sight of him. But when I got home there was a call on the answer machine, that Robert was at a friends. In fact, he was even doing homework there. Monster! When he had finished that homework, he came home for dinner. And I tried calmly explaining why he should always come straight home and not visit friends first!

After having seen the gum, I phoned our hairdresser up for some tips.... she suggested some magic cleaning stuff, which I knew Katrin had, so i rang Katrin, hers was all used up, so I got on the phone to the hairdresser again. And we went round there. We (the hairdresser and I) were expecting it to take forever to get the stuff out. But that stuff was magic I put it on, rubbed it, and then just pulled the gum out, and Robert didn't even flinch! Wow! What a relief that we didn't have to cut anymore hair off, and thank goodness I wasn't in when the teacher phoned, cause poor Robert would now have had a hole in his new hairstyle!

This afternoon Robert went to a birthday party, and what a great day for a party, it was really warm and the party took the kids to a crazy golf place, and they all had a great time! Richard had football training and I stayed to enjoy the sunshine and a good chat! Here is Richard just about to score a goal!
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Aw, hope Florian is feeling better tomorrow. Wish him well for us!

Wow, SO glad you decided to call the hairdressers! I was anxiously reading on, as I had heard of other options besides cutting it out! (putting ice on it is one, and peanut butter another)
But that magic stuff really sounds like magic! Yay!

Hugs!