Sunday, 18 March 2012

Day 78

Well, my plan of the spots disappearing over night didn't work! Robert is still covered in spots and even has some new ones, so it really does look like chicken pox! And to top it all off at some point during the day Richard goes "Mummy, my arm really really itches!" NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Yep, Richard has 3 spots that itch.... I hope it stays at three! (here are two of them)

This morning we picked Florian up from hospital, once home we all went out for a walk (trying to beat the rain). The boys didn't want to walk so we let them take their bikes. Here they are with Flat Stanley, who is visiting us from Texas, USA!

Obviously we were too slow for Robert, cause he decided to cycle ahead and to NOT keep checking to see where we were. When we got to the first path that branches off, there was no sign of Robert - silly us, thought he would wait there - he didn't come when we called or anything. As we had said when we started off, that we were going for a walk in the woods, Florian went and checked up the path, no sign of Robert. By then it had started raining and we had Richard saying "This is the worst walk EVER!" Florian and Richard then headed back down the way we had come, incase Robert had decided to do a full circle and was coming back up to them, and I continued the walk which goes in a circle back to home. We all got back home together, and Richard came running out of the barn "Robert's bike is here"!  And so was Robert indoors, playing with the cat! Needless to say he got a HUGE telling off, and I hope we frightened him, when we told him what could have happened and how we were scared for him.

After Richard came out in spots too, Florian owned up that he had a sore itchy patch on his back too. His looks like some sort of contact allergy - not sure what sort of things they would have stuck to that part of his back, but he needs to go to a doctor too tomorrow. So I am again not going in to work, but I did do the work that was waiting there for me at home today. So I will at least earn a few pennies! I also personally called Robert's teacher to let him know what is up this time, and I called my friend/colleague to let her know too. All I have to do now tomorrow is phone my boss, seems he is a bit upset that I only informed my colleagues the last two times.

CU tomorrow with an update on my spotty men!

2 comments:

Dinphy said...

Two times chickenpox? BOTH boys?? Oh my. I've heard it's very, very unusual. Then again, *sigh* you seem to have a knack for the unusual I guess.
Fingers crossed!

Oh, and if it IS chickenpox, Florian could have the adult version, which would explain the soreness of his itch patch. my mum had it too, and contrary to chickenpox, it keeps concentrated to one spot. BUT, it can be anything from itchy to painful... And it can also be contagious, so be careful.

Ow, Robert sure deserved that telling off! What a thing to do!

I do like the photo with flat Stanly. Did you get ours?

Best wishes to your spotty men...

Hugs!

Dinphy said...

I meant the adult version keeps concentrated to one spot as in area, not just one single spot... :/