Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Day 234

Today was another really hot day, not quite as sunny as yesterday but still as hot. And I was really brave, I went to sport, but I did have the very first appointment, so it hadn't quite peaked the temperature. But it was nice afterwards to get under the nice cool shower!
From there I went shopping for the BBQ on Saturday. In a moment of insanity you see I offered to host Robert's class BBQ. Which wouldn't be so much of a problem if I didn't have some "so-called help" from another Mum - long story, but she is the reason I will be stepping down from the PTA as soon as we have a parents evening. Anyhow I needed to get some paper plates and forks, so I went to a cheap shop I know and had a wander. I haven't been there for ages, so it made a change.

At lunch time, I had to pick Richard up from the bus stop. Both Richard and Robert were excited to see me there - too cute! But it was Robert that was most excited, as him and his friend had decided to spend the afternoon together. I said no, because we were going to the swimming pool, to which they both replied "but xyz can come with us" - erm no, not really. But when they look up at you with that pleading look, I gave in a bit and told the lad to get his Mum to call me.
After checking with her, that he really can swim, and that it is OK that he will be in the non-swimmers pool without supervision, I agreed to take him.
And although he is known for talking back or such, he was as much of an angel as boys can be. And we all had a great time at the pool. Can you spot them on this picture having an ice-cream?!

At 4.30pm we had to leave the pool (it was 4.50 by the time we got out) to go to football training. Whilst the boys were training, a friend and I took a walk through the woods. You would have thought the air in the woods would be cooler, but nope. Hot, sticky and not a breeze in sight. But we had a good chat, even if we were melting away!

I took another couple of photos today too, when I got home from shopping. There was a cheeky snail on our fountain out the front. I can't decide which picture I like best, so I'll let you choose.

I felt a bit sorry for him, so other than take his photo I did nothing. So somewhere out there is a cooled down snail, slithering around!

CU tomorrow!

No comments: