Monday, 27 August 2012

Day 240

Well as you know nothing ever goes according to plan around here, and it all went off course at about 7.24 this morning, when Robert fell over whilst playing chase at the busstop! He landed smack on his chin, and added to the scar he already has there!
So instead of him getting on the bus, we headed back to see Katrin who saw to the wound. She is not a nurse, but knows a lot about it, and has all the right stuff there. Here is her handy work and poor Robert's chin!

After he was all sorted, I took him to school by car, and even got him there on time. I was just a bit later starting work from home for work! They asked me on Friday if I could do a translation for them on Monday but they neglected to tell me that it was 3000+ words! Well 3000 words is a good two full days of work, not just one Monday morning, so I let them know that I wouldn't be finishing it, but would do as much as possible. I got 40% done, we'll see if the rest is still there for me to do on Thursday!

At 11am friends came round to help get the drinks and tables back to the drinks shop and tomorrow I get the bill for all that was drunk at the party. Got to love living in a village, where everything is so uncomplicated (is that really a word?!)

At 1pm Richard and I headed to school to pick Robert up and from there we headed to Nanna and Pop's. The boys were quite excited about the picnic in the car. And also about doing homework at Nanna and Pops. Robert had too much homework, so tomorrow I will have to write him a note explaining why he didn't finish his, but we really didn't want to miss the party.

Zoe turned 10 today, time really does fly, doesn't it!

We were late leaving as we were all having such a good time, so the boys didn't get to bed until gone 9.30pm, oops, they will be tired tomorrow.
So am I now so I am off to bed
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Happy Birthday to Zoe!!

work stays forever nice, doesn't it? ;)

Poor Robert... Boys will be boys ey? Sigh. Wish him well!