Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Day 351

I didn't really sleep too soundly last night, my cough...! So this morning as it was no better, and Xmas is on the horizon, I went to the doctors. Our doctor is still not back, so I tried one that my friend/colleague recommended, and I was very happy with the practice there. I don't need antibiotics, and have some herbal cough medicine, and hopefully I will be all better by the weekend. Florian told me in no uncertain terms that he doesn't want what I have got, and if it wasn't Xmas he would stay away! I hope he didn't really mean it! ;o)

Back home I took it nice and easy today, well, if I move too much, I end up coughing so probably best this way! I made some homemade medicine that the doctor recommended - onion syrup! Actually it is not as yucky as it sounds. You just chop an onion and add 3tbsp of honey and stir, then leave for a few hours. The juices of the onion are drawn out by the honey and that is what you have to take. It is surprisingly sweet.

I had to pop to Katrins, to help her print something out, I couldn't help over the phone even though the problem was user related and simple to solve!
Robert was home early from school, his last day. And oh did I mention it, we have LOTS of snow! Yep much to the delight of the boys it had snowed over night, and it is still snowing now! After lunch his friend came to play and they spend all afternoon in the snow! They built a great snowman!
When Richard got home, he joined them out there, and they then all made giant snowballs!

When it got dark I made them come in, much to their disgust. They watched last years CBeebies Christmas Panto on TV, they are definitely British at heart, they really joined in with it, so cute!

Mum has her operation tomorrow, and the doctor came by today to discuss it with her. They don't know until they look inside whether she will still need the framework, but they will be putting some metal in and then it will be at least 6 weeks before she can put weight on it again (better keep her safe in the bathroom then!) He also made sure that her feet were clean and toenails cut! Not bad, eh!

Ramona's Mum is not so good today, she has a bit of a fever. And the doctors have seen something on the lung that shouldn't be there and tomorrow they will go in and have a look (no, I don't know how, but I dont think it is that evasive). So worrying! Keep praying for her!

off to bed now - onion syrup first ;o)

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

so much snow in your town!?!?

WOW - we have NOTHING!!! (Thanks God for that)

Good luck for your Mum´s surgery