Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Day 352

What a day!
For starters today was the day of Mum's operation, she was gone all morning and didn't get back onto the ward til about 2pm. All went well, but it was a LONG operation, it took 2.5 hours to put her leg back together again. The doctor came and told her that it was really complicated, but it is all back together as should be. She hasn't got any visible screws anymore, it is in plaster now. And from what I can see on the pic she sent me, it looks like the kids might even be able to draw her a picture on it...not just yet though!

It was Richard's last day at Kindergarden today and Robert's first day of school holiday! Mmh, WHEN does school start again... I already can't wait! Just after nine, when I was sure the shoe shop would be open, I told Robert to get his shoes on we were off to buy him a new pair of snowboots. Oh dear, he did not want to go. He told me he either wanted to watch TV or go and visit his friend. Even the fact that he needs snowboots did not convince him, he thought his wellies would do fine! So I ended up counting him out to get him out of the house, great start to the day! I have to admit though, with the promise of a Brezel when we finish the shopping he did behave quite well. AND we were in luck that the first pair of boots we found and tried on fitted and he liked them, phew!

Back home, the first thing he said when we got in was "can I watch telly?", erm no! So whilst I was unpacking the shopping, he found his camera and started watching the videos he had made of the TV programmes...I took that off of him and told him to find one of his toys and play nicely! NO CHANCE! He decided then that he would stick to my side like glue, I had the cat on my lap at the time, when he didn't find himself something to do, I found him something to do. He had to help put the clean towels away and then help collect the dirty washing in their bedroom and mine and then much to his disgust, I made him help sort it!! After that he did go to his bedroom, but I don't think he actually found anything to play with, cause I could hear him crying over the babyphone. (I ignored it, so I don't really know what it was about, hurt pride I think!) After 15 minutes in his room, it was then time to go to Kindergarden to pick up Richard and give the teachers their Xmas presents (cookies in a jar). Then we all went to Katrin's to take yet more pictures of Kindergarden kids! Yep, Katrin needed some pics of her kids with Santa hats on!

This afternoon Robert's friend was due to come over at 2.30pm, at 2.10pm Robert came down from upstairs trying to tell me something, but Richard beat him to it "Robert fell on his bed and broke it!" Robert's version was "I was under my bed and stood up and broke the bed" - I sent them both back upstairs to calm myself down. I was still quite grumpy from the morning, this was the last thing I needed to hear. I calmed down a bit and went upstairs to see the damage...well, 30mins later Richard and I were on our way out to buy a new slatted frame (Lattenrost). I couldn't face taking a grumpy Robert out shopping with me, so he got to go to his friends house instead. I know that wasn't really right, cause he sort of got treated for doing damage, but...
We got the slats for €35,-- and headed back home. And then came the BIGGER problem - how to get to the bed. I think ALL the lego and toys were there. I just got grumpier and grumpier. and it didn't help that the culprit wasn't here to help, I could have kicked myself for taking the easy way out! Anyhow Richard and I got busy, well, I got busy Richard spent most of the time watching me working! First we had to tidy things away in order to find the bed. Once I found the bed, I had to unscrew 15 slats, that was 30 screws, and I am not the best with the power screwdriver, I hope I haven't damaged it too much! Half way through doing that, I heard kids outside our house, and thought it might be Robert. I went and checked and he and his friend were here thinking they could now play here. Well, I am not sure Robert's friend knew what was happening, he got sent home and Robert had to come in and help! When I told him that if he didn't help he would be sleeping on the floor, he got to it! We have not finished the tidying up yet, but he is sleeping in his bed and not on the floor, and tomorrow we continue tackling the mess in there!

What a day! Oh and I nearly forgot, I actually started the day finding out that I had ruined Richard's winter coat. When they came in from playing in the snow yesterday everything was so wet that I decided to dry it in the dryer....BAD idea for Richard's coat, the zip melted!! I can't just have the zip replaced though, cause it melted onto the inside of the coat, and there is no way I can repair that. LUCKILY we have quite a stock of winter coats, and he does now fit in the next size up, even better it was a blue coat, so not too many complaints from him, when he saw the damage, but I am still annoyed at myself.

And with all that I didn't get a picture again, but I did stand up from my comfy couch and take a picture of my Xmas cards, we got a whole pile yesterday and it is slowly filling up! This year I am using the backing of the frame that Robert and Richard broke in October/November for the cards, a bit different from the string we used to use!
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

to hear everything went well with your Mum´s surgery are great news!

Wish her all the best!!

Like the presenting of your christmas cards

Already school holidays... poor you ;-)