What a day! So today I got to speak to my new boss at work, and oh dear he has realised that I don't have the proper qualifications to be a translator (I've only been translating for them for three years, bit late to notice that!) and apparently that means, that as they are out to get a certificate of some sort, that I will no longer be allowed to translate anything that goes out to customers. So all I will get to translate now are newsletters and bits for the intranet. That will go down well with my friend and colleague! She has the right paperwork so she will get to do the bulk of the work and even if she is drowning in work, I won't be able to help out. All I can do is shake my head, I know there have to be rules, but shouldn't common sense also feature in the equation?!
I'm not going to let it bother me as long as they keep paying me, I'll go do my time and go home! (like I do anyways, only I might get to do a bit more of the silly stuff - like sorting papers from white to blue folders!)
After work, I didn't need to hurry home, so I popped in to Karstadt to see if they had any great offers on some girly toys - for the b-day party Richard is going to at the weekend. And I got a Barbie Fairy for less than half price, so it was worth the trip!
I was on my own for lunch today, Robert had his first long day at school. He gets lunch there and then they have a bit of time for homework, and then he got to do his first recorder lesson. He gets home from all that at 4.45pm. A long day, but he had fun, until he got home...
But first Richard, at 3pm I got a phone call from Kindergarden, Richard had been sick, could I come and get him. Poor thing. He had bad tummy ache for the rest of the afternoon but by bedtime he said it was a bit better. When I picked him up I told him he could watch a film with Robert, when Robert got home. ...
That didn't happen, cause when Robert got in, he hadn't managed to do all his homework at school. Not the way I planned it, and I was a bit sad for him, cause after that long day, he didn't need to be sat doing homework. But it was German and that is important and he does have it in the morning, so he had to.
Next week, I will have to remind him in which order to start his homework, so that he gets it all done, cause this week, he concentrated on his music homework, only he only has music once a week, so plenty of time to get that done!
CU tomorrow!
2 comments:
Silly work! And they can't give you some small course or something so you can get the needed paperwork? They DO realize you CAN do the job, just miss the paperwork, don't they? >:(
Poor Richard... Hope he does feel better today.
And Poor Robert. Such a long day, and then homework!
Help a Dutch girl out... What's a recorder lesson?
When googling, I find musical instruments, is it that? Music lessons? Does he then learn to play an instrument, and if so, which?
Hugs to all!
Über eine "recorder lesson" habe ich mich auch gewundert - also auch von mir die Frage, was das ist!
Total ärgerlich mit dem Job - aber leider ist das -D- Bürokratie ohne Ende. Nicht die Leistung/Qualifikation als solches zählt - sondern nur das Papier.... Ich hoffe, dass das alles gut für Dich ausgeht!
Armer Richard... unseren Kleinen hat es heute erwischt!! Drück uns Beiden die Daumen, dass es schnelll wieder vorbeigeht!
Und Robert wird das bestimmt bald schaffen, seine Hausaufgaben zeitlich einzuteilen.
Alles Liebe für Euch
Post a Comment