Richard was fine today, no tummy ache and all smiles from the moment he got up, so it was Kindergarden for him and work for me.
Work was "interesting" again, I asked if work experience didn't count instead of a piece of paper, and if anyone had actually asked the people who issue the certificate. I also threw in that a native speaker without a piece of paper, would surely be better than a German with a piece of paper (or at least as good), nope if I don't have that paper, I don't get to translate. And then I got a taste of my future to come, it is not going to wear my brain out. I got to scan a book with about 350 pages! Still I made the most of it, I got my Kindle out put it on the scanner too and read and scanned!
Robert and I practised maths this afternoon using the internet page for mental arithmetic. He actually enjoys it, if he is racing against the clock. And as he is writing a maths test tomorrow it was good for him. And as a treat for both boys, when they were both home, they were allowed to watch Star Wars 2 again.
I tried translating whilst they were watching, it wasn't that easy a) it was a really difficult text and b) Richard insisted on commenting on EVERYTHING in the film, but I got it finished in the end! (Oh and this is a translation for someone completely different and NOT for work!)
I have a lovely blazing fire going this afternoon/evening, I have really been feeling the cold today, at work I even did the typing with my fingerless gloves on. But now I am finally feeling warm right through!
And I didn't want to get another picture of the boys watching TV, so I took the camera up at bedtime and got a picture of them cleaning their teeth!
Now I have to show Dinphy and Bentonflocke another picture, this is a recorder, and what Robert will be learning for the next few weeks, hopefully it won't hurt our ears too much!
CU tomorrow

1 comment:
this is a recorder, really? I thought this is a "Blockflöte"....
can´t believe.... I asked the translater.... and yes... it´s a recorder!! Now I knew a new word
thanks for that Kerri!
Ziemlich ärgerlich Dein Ausblick auf die berufliche Zukunft. Kannst Du denn das Zertifikat nicht irgendwie "nachmachen" ... auf Dauer wird es Dir mit Kopieren sonst wohl langweilig werden ... ok, wenn die Kohle bleibt... aber etwas mentale Anregung braucht man ja schon auch!! Blöd - so neue Chefs.
Post a Comment