Day 59 - Friday
Work in the morning. I managed to drag it out until about 11am by chatting to just about everybody around. But then I had definitely finished and had to go home, still I got about 7 hours work in this week, not too bad.
In the afternoon Robert went to his friend to play until it was time for football, and I went to Heike's to help make things to give to the kids at the carnival party on Sunday. I had to leave just before 4pm to pick Robert and another lad from the village up for football. When I got to pick Robert up, he was feeling really rough, said he had too much earache to go to football. Too bad, that I had volunteered to take the other lad. Robert had to tag along to take him to football, then go shopping with me. I hadn't realised just how rough he was feeling. By the time we were in the second shop - he was looking really pale and then he said he felt sick. I sent him outside and finished paying by the time I got there the poor thing had been sick. We then went and picked the other lad up about 5 minutes early so I could get Robert home again.
Back home I gave him some medicine and by the time it was bedtime he was feeling much better.
Florian was flying back from the UK today and got home just after 10pm. Some guys from my firm (Florian's old firm) gave him a lift from the airport. Cool!
I made a picture for a dance group this evening. The kids are dressed as "Pumuckl" who is a little "elf", so I put them on the kitchen work top!
Day 60 - Saturday
Florian and I divided the work this morning. I took the boys to the shoe shop to get them new shoes and Florian went and got some odds and ends we need to do the wallpapering.
Both boys have bigger feet now, we had them measured properly, then they got to choose their new shoes. Both chose the same ones. So we'll be checking the sizes now before going out!
Florian painted the walls with something to prepare them to be wallpapered in the afternoon, and I am not really sure what I got up to.
At 5ish Heike popped around to get some music for the carnival party tomorrow. Can't host a kids party and not have my signature tune and dance ready for it!
Day 61 - Sunday
Carnival party with the kids! Heike, Petra, Britta and I were hosting it. We were dressed as cowboys and indians.
We started the party off with a good dance session with the kids. We even managed to get quite a few to join in, although I had quite a few run away from me!
We did a "best costume" competition and a little girl dressed as one of the monster high girls won(No. 8), followed by Obi Wan Kenobi (No.5) and an indian (No. 4)! They were all too cute, I was glad I didn't have to choose who was up for voting!
Our part in the party finished at 5pm and I was quite worn out. Most of all my feet, which are just not used to being in high heels at all!
Day 62 - Monday
No school for the boys today -it's Rosenmontag. Which means lots and lots of towns have carnival parades. I joined my friends again at a parade that I really don't like, but being with friends made up for that! Here are the kids waiting for the sweeties to start coming
And here are my boys with their "haul"!
We were back by 3pm and spent the rest of the afternoon watching films! Well the boys did, I baked a loaf of bread!
Oh and this morning I made "Quarkbällchen" for our trip to the parade - they turned out really yummy. I think I will be making these again soon!
CU tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment