My friend phoned this morning and I gave her a lift into town on my way to work! I love that she feels comfortable enough to ring me, that made me really happy! I love village life, can you tell?!
I was busy at work, and it was quite challenging too, so the time just flew by, I can't remember time at work EVER doing that since I restarted working after having the boys! It was 11.15am before I looked at my watch - wow!
I didn't have to rush home cause Richard had already invited himself round Heike's today. I had yesterdays Lasagne leftovers, still yummy the second time round!
After lunch, I had half hour and then off to sport I went (with my friend of course), we were on the machines today, and I can already feel most muscles, so goodness knows how it will feel in the morning! When I got home I checked Richard was behaving at Heike's and then went and picked Robert up from school, he hadn't got football training today, but I thought it would be nice of me. And he was really pleased to see me, and in a good mood, so it was a good move. When we got home however he went straight out to see his friend and play.
So really I didn't see much of my boys at all today, so the best bit of my day, was reading to them at bedtime.
Oh we had a little bit of a panic, when another friend phoned to say her kids had headlice, so I had to check my two. Not really sure what I was looking for, but I didn't see anything moving and I haven't noticed them scratching, so I think we are OK - phew, cause apparently that would mean a week off of school until it is ALL well and truly gone. My poor poor friend!
OK, now for a photo, I haven't taken any today, so I'll see if the cats are obliging?! They were sound asleep, so no problems there!
CU tomorrow!


1 comment:
So nice to hear you positive about work! Must be so nice not to dread going to work too! :-)
We always got detailed instructions when headlice were noticed in class. (They check after each holiday of a week or longer) And I'm happy we never had any. Not for being ashamed or staying home, but you would need to wash anything and everything! (Bed linen, clothes, cushions and... all teddy bears... Ugh! Your poor friend indeed!)
But we did have to check, as in pre-school, a girl in Lisa's class had them three times in a row...
Don't count on the scratching! With headlice, the eggs are there before the lice. It can take a week before they start scratching their heads...
You look for small white/yellow eggs (less than 1 mm) near the base of the hair. Might look a bit like dandruff, but that's loose, and the eggs are sticky. They're most likely on the warm spots, like behind the ears, in the back, and the front headline. Easiest is to buy a special lice-comb, that way you comb, and you check whatever falls on a paper you put underneath.
Hugs and good luck!
Post a Comment