Mother's Day today! And the boys had made some lovely things at school for me.
The bird is from Richard and has a peg behind his beak to put little messages, with a bit of luck, I'll get a few from Richard in future. Todays message was in both German and English. Very creative spelling in English but from the heart and he was so proud of himself.
Robert tried his hand at sewing and made a lovely flower for me. In his card he had written a lovely Mother's Day poem for me.
And for most of the day there wasn't any argueing or fighting - not a bad Mother's day, not bad at all!
The weather today was cold, wet and windy, sometimes one after the other, other times all at once. Not nice at all. But we ignored that and when the sun came out at lunch time we barbecued! Well, Florian was out in the cold grilling our sausages and cheese and I was indoors making salads.
Some time after lunch I decided to go walking to see if I couldn't reach the goals my training watch sets me for the week, for the first time ever I was only 15 minutes off of reaching the time set on it. I grabbed a break in the clouds put my music in my ears and off I set. Determined to reach at least the time goal, when I got back from my first round, I showed Florian that I had done it, and then we realised I was only 25 calories off of reaching the calorie goal, so off I went again. This time the clouds didn't look quite as welcoming.
But I made it back home again dry, with both goals achieved and feeling proud of myself!
We all watched Pocahontas at tea time and then the boys had a shower and off to bed. Once they were in bed, Florian had to head off to work. He's up north somewhere this week and he needs to be there early tomorrow morning!
CU tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment