Day 134 - Wednesday
Another day of careful timing today!
Smiley was sterilised today, I had to take her to the vets on my way to the library and leave her there to be sorted. Library as always was fun. Heike had her dog with her today and the kids loved that, the dog was as good as gold sat behind the desk with us, and not all kids even noticed her! I took Robert home with me, and he got to pick Smiley up with me. She looked worse for wear when we picked her up, but then again it is a major operation for a lady cat. We left her in the cat box for a couple of hours when we got home, she actually wasn't too happy about that. And when I finally did let her out, she was soooo wobbly. I got a cute little video of her falling over, but my mobile is all out of power right now, so pictures and videos today will have to wait.
At 4pm we left Smiley nursing her wound and Robert went to his friend's and Richard and I headed off to art school. I bumped into Heike at the shopping mall, doing her weekly shop, I only had to get Bretzels for tea.
I brought another friends kids home from art school with me and then said friend did me a huge favour.
This afternoon I had a phone call from a stranger who had done some research on the internet to find me, as his wife had found my works key card, which somehow or other I had lost when I went to the post office on Monday! He was going to be at the sports group in town between 6 and 7 and my friend who lives round the corner from there, offered to pick it up for me and save me a trip - bless her!
In the evening another friend came round and we started planning Heike's hen do. It is harmless, but we will have a lot of fun and spoil ourselves at the same time! Looking forward to it.
Day 135 - Thursday
Robert woke up with earache and sore throat this morning. he has a radar for the days I have to work, I swear, but again I have the best friends in the world - Heike had an appointment at the doctors with her girls, so she took Robert along with her. Turns out he is a "real" man! He has a cold, his ears aren't infected, his throat not even red and his lungs are clear, it is just a normal cold, but he was milking it this morning. I apologise now to any future daughter in law, sorry I couldn't make more of a woman of him in this respect!
I did think though that perhaps it was a cry for help, he was bullied at school yesterday about the jumper he was wearing they called it a "baby jumper" (the fact that it was a Tommy Hilfiger €60 jumper didn't bother the kids), and maybe that was more the reason he didn't want to go today. I called the school and got his teacher to ring me back. She had missed the bullying but wants to get to the bottom of it and put a stop to it. I hope it works.
This afternoon I left the kdis at home playing on the wii and went to sport. We got a good work out in, and all I have to do now is work out how to fill up zone 2 as I already have done the time and calories. I think we will be going for a couple of walks this weekend, I hope it warms up!
This evening even though Robert wasn't at football training I had to go to the meeting the trainer had called. All parents got a nice telling off for not supporting their kids in the games and for cancelling at the last minute and such.- he may well be right, but its the way he told us off as if we were all about 8 - grrr, I'll be glad when neither boys plays football anymore!
Right like I said the pictures are on my phone and that is completely empty, I must have worn it out playing scrabble tonight! Pictures tomorrow, promise
CU then!

2 comments:
Wow, a real nice stranger! :-) they do exist!
And bullying kids... >:-( poor robert.
Anti-bullying is a specialized field, hope the school has a good program to work with.
Something about they have to taggle the bullies, the victim, AND the kids that do nothing, thus make it possible to happen.
I never did read if you got any help for him, just that you had to fill in the papers? If he is more happy/confident with himself, it might be harder to bully him...
Doesn't take away the fact that kids that are bullying are the real weaklings!
Big hugs, especially for Robert and you.
Umm... Im not anonymous...? I thought? Fat fingers on a tablet I guess...
Post a Comment