Friday, 6 May 2011

Day 126

Me time this morning! I had to go into town to get Florian some dollars as he is going to the States next week for work, so I made the most of being in town. I started at C&A and got three new tops (remember my cupboard is a bit empty and needs filling) then I had a little look around Karstadt (department store) and got a birthday present for my niece. her birthday isn't until October but it was a bargain, that I couldn't resist. A playmobil mobile home for 20 Euros instead of 45! Bargain!
From there I wandered up to another clothes store, but there was nothing there I fancied, it was a much smaller store than the one near Mum, shame Mum said they had some good bargains there too, but not at our one! And then on my way back to the car, I popped in the bookstore and got my nieces their Easter present. A book each! And on my way out of there I noticed that they actually had a table full of English paperbacks and one of those paperbacks was one that a scrapping site is reviewing, I took it as "meant to be" and bought the book, but I doubt I'll be joining the chat on the 17th May, as it is at 3.30am my time! But the bookstore will know that having English books is a good thing and keep it up!!
Then it really was time to stop spending and go home!

In the afternoon we spent time with my friends and then it was time to go and pick Florian up at the station. From there were stopped in town again. We have a visitor staying with us "Stanley" - Stanley has come all the way from the States to visit and we took him sightseeing! (A scrapping friend's son's class is doing a project, where a paper doll travels, and we offered to take him here) Here some of his favourite moments in our town!




Notice that we stopped for an ice-cream. And after that on our way back to the car, we changed our minds about going home and went for a pizza! We went to a place where we used to go a LOT before we had kids, and we think it was the first time we had been since Robert being here. The Pizza is still as good as it used to be. Yummy!
 Florian is snoring on the couch next to me, I think it is time for bed....I was up at 5.30am with Richard this morning, he dreamt he needed the toilet...need I say more! (I don' think he'll forgive me later in life for letting the world know...but never mind!)
CU tomorrow!

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

what a beautiful day with a nice visitor!
Congrats to your bargains and new stuff

Chris said...

Stanley arrived home yesterday! Thanks so much for taking him for a tour. Wish I could stick myself in an envelope!