Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Day 138


Happy Birthday Mum! Love you lots and lots!

First thing I did after getting the kids off to school and Kindergarden was to phone Mum up and sing to her...just what she needed to hear at 8am ;o)
Then it was a bit of housework - clean floors, then I got all the empty bottles together and actually remembered to take them to Aldi today - I have been investing a LOT of money in empty bottles again! When I went to put them in the boot of the car, I realised that Richard was at Kindergarden without his sandwich, so I stopped there on my way to shopping.
Shopping at Aldi on a Wednesday is great, cause there are no new offers, at 8.30am I am normally one of maybe 5 customers, so quiet and calm, its just fun! I got a pair of football boots for Robert - he doesn't need them just yet, but at €8.99 I can wait for him to grow into them! I have a feeling it won't be long!

After shopping Sabine, Katrin and I were meeting for a coffee (apple juice for me), it has been a while since we had a nice relaxing morning together - it did us all good. But before we met up, Sabine and Katrin got Kindergarden some tadpoles and a small frog! REAL ones! We saw the kids later in the morning marching down to the stream in the village to set them free again. Richard was so excited about it all!

After lunch, I had a phone call, my English student couldn't make it today she had a tummy bug, I am so glad she stayed away with that, we don't need that! So we went in the garden and whilst the boys had an ice-cream I got on with the lawn-mowing! It was getting a bit long - pretty, but too long! But now it looks very smart.
I finished the mowing in time to get the boys ready for football training and the MIRACLE recovery!
So whilst I was mowing Robert was scooting around on his scooter - the pain in is ankle completely forgotten as soon as he realised I was around though, his very prominent limp was back...so funny!
I asked if he wanted to play football, if he thought he could, he ummed and ahhed over it and said, yes he wanted to play... and you should have seen him run on the pitch, not a limp in site! MIRACULOUS!
We'll see how it is in the morning!
Often during the day the boys and I checked on the beans, and you could almost watch them grow. I love this project. And here is a picture I got of one of them at teatime - all of the side roots are new today, amazing!
CU tomorrow

2 comments:

Dinphy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Marie!!
Wish you many more in good health!
I won't go singing, and believe me, me-not-singing is the best present ever. ;)

What a lovely card Kerri!

Wow, a miracle indeed! Sure hope the miracle keeps on! :)

bentonflocke said...

Happy belated Birthday to your Mum!
Beautiful card - sure she was very happy about it.
All the best wishes for her!