Thursday, 19 January 2012

Day 19

English lesson this morning and I have yet another new child join us, bringing our numbers up to 11, so from next week I will be splitting the group. Although that is not going to go down well with some Mums, as the first group will have to be there at 8.15am. I am told that lots of kids like to sleep in the mornings, not that I would know. We have been up for hours come 8.15am!

We did colours this morning, it was a repeat for 3 of the kids, but as I want to do clothes next week, I thought learning the colours would be good, cause we can combine! We'll see how well that goes. First though they have to get their tongues around "yellow", apparently not an easy word, we had lots of "lellow" this morning!

After English I popped to Lidl and got new shower racks for us, one for each bathroom. And then I popped into one of the cheap shops there and picked up some party favours for Richard's birthday party! Once I had done that it was time to get home, as Robert only has 4 lessons on a Thursday!

Richard went back to Kindergarden in the afternoon, and Robert tackled his homework. He had a bit of a problem with subtraction today and was most upset when he had to do 10 sums again, but once I had taught him how to check if he was right, he found it easier!
After he had finished his homework, we were going to practise dictation, but when I got his German book out, I found more homework, so it was that for him then. After that he had had enough, so we played a game of Qwirkle instead - good practice for his maths!

And then it was time for our outing to the "Schloß" in town. The art school had organised an exhibition of some of the artwork the kids had been working on. Again the boys were so proud to see their paintings on the wall. Robert spotted his as soon as we walked down the corridor. It is his painting of a chocolate cake.

Not far from there Richard spotted his giant tomato!

We saw quite a few people stop and look at this one. I'm so proud of them both!

Further down the corridor we found the paintings that they made, which were used for the 20th anniversary of the art school. They printed the drinks menu on the back and had them at the gala dinner.

Robert's is the one with the blue bottles (third from the left). (note for Florian: Das sind Tischstaffeleien auf denen die stehen!)

But where is Richard's - mmh, well when the guests left the gala dinner, some of them asked if they could take the menus home to frame for their wall. And oops Richard's was one of them. I am now both proud and sad. Proud that someone liked it that much, that they wanted to put it on their wall, sad that it isn't on our wall! I remember it, and it was really worth framing, too bad, I never got a picture of it. But at the time, the plan was that they copy the pictures and then take them to the party, but they must have changed their minds...oh well, when he is a famous artist, maybe someone will remember what they have on their wall and offer it back to Richard (a girl can dream, can't she!?)

I have been making Richard's birthday invitation tonight, so that he can hand it out tomorrow at Kindergarden. With so many birthdays in one week, I want to get in there before his friends get invited elsewhere!
CU tomorrow!

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

boah, da hast du aber zwei wahre Künstler!

Cool mit der Ausstellung, klar dass Du da stolz bist auf Deine Jungs!!

Congrats to them!!!

Dinphy said...

Congrats on having your English lessons go so well!

Ooh, so awesome, such an exhibition! They can really be proud of their work, displayed like real art, framed and all!

Congrats to them both for doing such a great job painting and drawing!

I find it a bit weird that the art school decided to give away someone else's art, when it's the original! Such a shame. But you're right, it's awesome that it's THAT good!

Well, when Richard is famous, better keep you eye on the antiques road show. More likely people will try to find out how much it's worth, than that they'll offer it back... ;)

Hugs!