Monday, 2 January 2012

Day 2

Florian went back to work today and Richard back to Kindergarden. Richard was sooooo excited about it. He couldn't wait to get there - he even woke up before Robert! That's a first I think! But it wasn't too early. Robert had had trouble getting to sleep yesterday so he did actually sleep longer! But still Richard was at Kindergarden by 8.15am!

I let Robert play on the Wii for quite a bit of the morning and then he had to do some of his holiday homework for school. After lunch I redecorated my blog - what do you think? I got mum to have a look on her ipad, and bother it didn't show up all pretty there, so later in the afternoon after doing some tidying and a LOT of washing, I tried googling for an answer. And funnily enough after being frustrated about not finding a thing, I wrote what I thought mums screen looked "squished background on ipad" and I found the solution!! Never believed that "squished" would bring about a solution!

Robert was round his friends this afternoon and Richard still at Kindergarden, it was nice having the house to myself for a bit! When Robert got back he was SOAKED well, he was actually carrying his soaking clothes, his friends Mum and given him some dry ones! Apparently they had been out on the go-kart driving through puddles. Robert swearing that it was OK cause he had waterproof boots. NO HE DOESN'T he has snowboots and they are in no way puddle proof! It will take a while before they dry out again, I hope it doesn't decide to snow now! Kids!

And if you think that was bad, it gets worse! After tea it was bath time and as I hadn't got a picture for today I was ready to get a pic of them in the bath! I didn't and you'll be glad I didn't. I was in the bedroom putting away some of the washing and I could hear them discussing "it looks like pooh", "it smells like pooh" - "Let's call Mummy!" Uhoh!
Well it was pooh, and it was smeared up the side of the bath! When asked where it came from, after the original "I don't know" Robert decided to lay the blame on his friend (who was NOT at our house at all today!), the lying sent me over the edge! I did quite a bit of shouting and all the while he insisted it was his friend - AGH!!
I learnt somewhere that the punishment should match the crime, so I got Richard out of the bath and under our shower and made Robert stand in the bath til the water had run away, got the worst mess out myself and then made him wipe the bath down (couldn't make him do it properly with cleaning stuff seeing as he was naked) he WAS NOT happy about it! Once he had finished that, I made him mop the mess they had made outside of the bath up - again NOT HAPPY! Then it was his turn under the shower in our room!
Tomorrow is going to be a long day as he also has no TV or Wii, he has to learn that lying gets him bigger punishments than just telling the truth - which was probably "I was too lazy to get out the bath and go to the toilet" or "I passed wind and more came than expected" - but blaming your best friend who is nowhere near, is just not on!

Back downstairs, I calmed down a bit and after chatting with Florian and Mum I made my Xmas present up for me!

It was delicious and good for the soul!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Yep, I do like this photo much better!!

And the blog looks so pretty and relaxing, great job done!!