Sunday, 29 January 2012

Day 29

Florian and I got a lay in this morning, according to Robert even the kids didn't wake up until 8am (after a 5am trip to the toilet by Robert). Florian and I woke up around 10am. We skipped breakfast and had brunch again, as Robert had a football tournament today! And today I was the lucky parent that got to accompany him there. We left at 12.15 and 4 hours later we got to come home! I really am the worlds worst "Soccer Mom", we got there and I didn't know the name of his team...there are two teams from our town and I didn't know which abbreviations our team was...then when we got into the sports hall all I wanted to do was get back out to some fresh air....the smell in there was bad, plus there was only limited seating as really it is not meant to be a hall for football tournaments. I had my book with me and intended to watch and read, but I couldn't really take one of the limited seats from someone generally interested in the sport. So after asking Robert, I waited outside in the entrance area, a bit draughty BUT fresh air, plus I got to see the kids for the team meetings! Maybe if I had of been watching they would have done better, as it was they were 6th from 6, but they still all got a medal for taking part (or was it for putting up with the smell?)

Richard and Florian had a great time. Richard of course wanted to try out his presents and Florian got a great series of pictures of his first experience




Apparently when he had finished Richard said "Hang it up now, Daddy" and took him to where he wanted it to hang, it now has pride of place on the way to the kitchen. When I got in that is where I saw it, he took me to show me. I told him it was great and asked what it was, I got the funniest answer and I wish I could write down the tone of voice here, it was the sort of "that's a silly question Mummy" voice. - I don't know, Mummy! So we'll just call it his "green phase"!

CU tomorrow!

No comments: