Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Day 297

Well this cold has gotten hold of me and didn't disappear over night - bother! First thing I did was creep downstairs with clean clothes for Robert, I was assuming that Richard was still asleep in bed, but he was downstairs too. Anyhow I got them both dressed and then they went to Kindergarden with a poster that there would be no English today. Then I phoned and cancelled my sport too. I decided to not do too much today in the hope that this all clears up by Thursday when I have to pick the new car up and Friday when we go to visit Florian. So we watched quite a bit of TV today. First up The Famous Five, Richard LOVES it, Robert enjoys it, but Richard is right there with them. It's so cute!
We then watched Beethoven (thats the film with the big St. Bernard dog). I did get them to go upstairs and play then whilst I made lunch. I found another new recipe to try and even though I can't taste much, the boys loved it!

In the afternoon it was more TV (more Famous Five), but I had a plan. When Kindergarden finished, I sent the boys off on their own to play on the playground there. They took a walkie talkie and we were able to communicate should they need to!
Whilst they were gone I had a visitor, she has a cold too, so we pitied one another!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Aw, shame about the cold!

But isn't it fun when the kids like things from our youth?
Just tonight, I watched Singing in the Rain with Lisa, (subtitled!) and she SO enjoyed the movie! Althoug, do note, that's not from my youth!! :P

Great idea to send them of on their own, and wow, such a strong walkie talkie! Saves you from buying a phone for such occasions. :)

Take care and get well soon!