Monday, 1 October 2012

Day 275

The boys went off to the bus stop on their own this morning and at 8am I headed to Aldi. Not sure why I went this early today, but I suppose it did leave me plenty of time for the ironing. Or so I thought!
When I got the last lot of washing out of the machine and started folding the bits that don't need ironing, one of them a sports t-shirt. I remembered that Richard's sports bag is at home, when I checked his timetable he had sport this morning! In 20 minutes to be exact. I jumped in the car with his sports bag (clean clothes in it) the drink he forgot to take with him and got to school just in time for him!
I'm not actually sure he was too pleased to see me (maybe it is a bit embarrassing when your Mum turns up on the playground!), but at least he could take part this week. Last week he couldn't join in, cause his sports bag was missing!

I did get all the ironing done when I got back in. And then it was time to make lunch for us all. Today we had Sheperd's pie. Not going to be a favourite of mine, but the boys enjoyed it and even had seconds, so it can't have been bad!

In the afternoon whilst Robert was busy doing his homework, Richard did his "Bügelperlen" (the beads that you iron to make pictures) So even he thought it was great that the iron was out!
Just as Robert was finishing his homework, Richard's friend called, could he come around and play, and then shortly after that, Robert's friend called, could he come and play! So this afternoon I had 4 kids. They all played football outside for a while, then they came in and had some homemade banana ice-cream! I was a big hit with them all!
Then at 5pm it was time to start heading for Richard's football game. I tried to get a good shot of Richard saving a goal, unfortunately every time I took a picture the ball went in. Oops!


I did get one of him saving eventually!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

At first I thought the boys were asked to come and play, and you'd have a quiet afternoon!
But well, if you got homemade banana ice-cream, the other kids will surely want to come over to play at your house!! ;)

Hm, it's proven again. You're not allowed to watch football, or it'll go wrong! ;)

Hugs!