Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Day 298

My cold is no worse than yesterday, and I think I may even have used less tissues, so maybe just relaxing yesterday and most of today has helped. Good cause tomorrow we go to get our new car!

But back to today, the first thing I did after getting up was to put water in all sorts of containers, I made Richards tea and then refilled the kettle, I filled a saucepan with water for the noodles at lunch, then decided that maybe my HUGE saucepan would be a good idea too, then a tupperware bowl and another tupperware container so I could have my water to drink. Then it was on to the buckets for the toilet. I still have to go and empty all of those as only one got used. We were without water from 10am to 4.15pm it took them a little longer than expected!

And of all the days to pick to make meatballs I had to choose the one where we have no water. And I only realised it when I had my hands in the mincemeat! Oh well, luckily I had a bucket for handwashing too. I got the recipe for the meatballs from my "Hairy Dieters" cookbook, and they were delicious, the boys loved them and I did too. And hopefully when I make them next time, I'll have a few more tastebuds working to get the full flavour.

In the afternoon the boys went to Richard's friends to play. Only Richard was actually invited, but Robert when we took Richard asked if he could stay and play too! It gave me a lovely three hour break, which I filled with reading and napping. Must have been good for my cold!

And now I am off to bed, sorry no photo today, we ate the meatballs to quickly to get a photo and a pic of my dirty tissues is just not nice!

CU tomorrow!

No comments: