Friday, 7 December 2012

Day 342

We all had a better nights sleep today, well at least no one got me up in the middle of the night! After getting up and sending the boys to the bus, I followed them to school, with their guitars and then headed off to work.
After work I went and did a little bit more Xmas shopping, and I also stopped at Staples and picked up some ink for my printer - Kindergarden has offered to buy this round of ink for me, for all the pretties I print for them, that is nice of them!

When I got home I had enough time to turn myself around and go out again and pick the boys and their guitars up again! I got there at about 2 minutes to 1 and was surprised that the teacher hadn't sent the girls to the bus, it wasn't until we got back in the car to come home that I realised, the kids didn't finish at 1 - but at 1.15pm - ooops! Good job I didn't go banging on the door when I got there!

This afternoon after the boys finished their homework, we went shopping to Rewe. I was able to get my new frying pan, the boys some more stickers for their book, and we got the ingredients for some "Vanille-Kipferl" (vanilla biscuits). Richard was so excited about that, but when we got back home I first had to clear everything up before we could think about baking.
That done Richard helped me with preparing the dough - Robert played on the Wii. We then had to let the dough cool for 30 minutes and we had tea during that time.

As Florian was going to be home just after 7pm, I let the boys make the biscuits after tea. And when Florian came in, it smelt delicious around here! I got a few pictures of the process, and I suppose I had better take some now of the results, before they are all gone in the morning - cause biscuits don't keep around here!
Both boys busy making the biscuits

Their "batch" before

and after

My "batch" before

and after

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I have never seen or heard of vanilla starfish, but why not.