Saturday, 15 December 2012

Day 350

Well, I love the "no snow" thing, but did it really have to rain all day today!? Couldn't it have stopped just a bit for our Christmas Tree shopping spree?!

We were up bright and early to get our Christmas tree today. When we saw the weather we briefly considered getting one that the forrester had chopped down, but that just wouldn't be the same! So into the woods we went. This time the place where you could chop them yourself was really close to the car park, so we walked over there. Luckily I had decided to get everyone to wear wellies, and we certainly needed them. All the snow that had melted had made a lake right at the entrance to the Christmas trees, the boys loved it!

We found our tree as soon as we got there, but we had to look all round to be certain. Richard loved either the huge trees or the little tiny ones, and was not happy with our sensible one, but I think when we decorate it tomorrow he will have gotten over that! Here are the pictures from our outing






Back home we looked for the stand for the tree and we think it may have got thrown out last year, so after lunch we had to go shopping to get a new one. Robert was at a birthday party, and we only had Richard along. He was in a really bad mood, I think he thought he could spend the afternoon in front of the TV. Didn't happen!

Robert got back about 5pm - he had had a great time at Takka-Tukka-Land, and with todays weather, probably that was the perfect place for a birthday party!

Ooh nearly forgot, I did some baking today - this is a cheese scone, which we had for lunch with pumpkin soup - yummy! I saw Nigel Slater bake it on TV the other week, and decided it was time to try making it today!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tree looks great, just the right size. And te cheese scone looks good enough to eat