Friday, 14 December 2012

Day 349

When we got up this morning there was no new snow and even better, there was and had been no icy rain. The bus was on time and I was able to follow the boys to school with their guitars no problem! And then it was on to work. And when I left there I got to wish a few people a "happy new year", it seems to be creeping up on me really fast this year!

I picked the boys up at the right time this week (I was much too early last week), then home we went. After lunch Robert did his homework - Richard didn't have any. Richard and I started tidying up where our Christmas tree will be going on Sunday. I was chatting to Mum on the phone at the same time, and all of a sudden Florian walked in! A lovely surprise! We were all excited he was home!

We decided to make it special and went to the Christmas market in town. I think we chose the right evening to go, it wasn't too cold tonight and we were able to enjoy our crepe without freezing. Richard had a crepe too, but he had to have his "lactase" tablets (they help his body to digest the lactose). The only thing I didn't let him buy were sweeties, we don't need to over do it! I did however let Robert buy some, and gave Richard the money. He wasn't a happy chappy, but when he saw a rubber that looked like a peanut, he was OK with it!

Whilst we were in town we stopped at the bank to get some cash. Whilst Florian was at the cash machine, Robert was with me chatting and Richard was "helping" Daddy - so much so, that we came out of the bank, with WAY more cash than we had wanted to get out. He just put his finger up and said he wanted "that" much and as it was a touch screen, "that much" is what we got! Ooops! But soooo funny!

On our way home from there we stopped at the Mercedes dealer to see if they could fix the windsceen wiper. We thought it was some sort of software mistake which would be fixed really quickly. Mmh - 2 hours later we left. Luckily they had this car there for the boys - it had a TV and some DVD films for them to watch, so they were happy!

They did take there winter coats, hats and scarves off after a bit!
The car is now working again, and the windscreen wiper has a new motor in it!

When we put the boys to bed "we hugged them a little tighter and told them we love them" to say it in President Obama's words - after the tragedy at a elementary school in Newton, Connecticut. Stay safe everyone...

CU tomorrow!

No comments: