Monday, 1 August 2011

Day 212

Today was one of those days where nothing goes according to plan...

Florian's alarm clock on his mobile phone chose this morning not to work (in fact the phone switched itself off in the night), so when I heard the boys on their way downstairs and felt Florian still in bed, I was ready to tell the boys off for getting up before 5am, only when I opened my eyes it was light and my clock said it was 7am...BIG OOPS!! The next train Florian could get was at 8am, but that meant us all going, so that he could get there on time, cause the bus had already left for the station. He got there on time and the boys and I headed home.
Once home I phoned work, to see if the course for tomorrow had been cancelled, as I had an email from my bosses account "addressee unknown". Nope he is still there, but just has a new email...don't ask!
Phoning them seemed to remind them that I exist and 20 minutes later I got a phone call, could I do a translation...by 3pm! That most certainly was not how I intended to spend the morning, like I said, nothing went to plan today! I got the translation done in 2 hours and the boys were pretty good about it. So in the afternoon instead of carrying on with all the washing, we went to the playground. Here they are climbing on the baby swing frame....

This evening I went out before it was even dark to check on the chickens, cause I couldn't see them out the front and I thought I would chase them from round the back of the house to the front to make it easier to get them when it was dark. And WOOHOO, they were all indoors. Finally they have worked out what to do at bedtime! But for now I will keep checking to make sure they are in!

CU tomorrow

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

was für ein "aufregender" Tag! Vollgepackt und anders als geplant, auch wenn sich letztlich doch alles zum Guten gewendet hat.
Noch ein paar erholsame und stressfreiere Ferientage wünsch ich Euch

Dinphy said...

Never a dull day at your home, right? ;)
But what GREAT news from the chickens! Woohoo!