OK, so I spent most of the summer complaining how it was not really a summer, then it finally comes and its too hot! so I complain some more. Never happy, am I?! But honestly 34°C and so damp is not funny, and even less so, when the forecast says that it will only be about half that come Saturday! Where did the nice inbetween temperatures go?!
This morning at 5am my night was over, we had a thunderstorm and Robert couldn't sleep anymore, so I had him in bed with me trembling away! Until the alarm rang at 6am (and then he pretended to be asleep). I went shopping this morning, mainly to get butter, which I ran out of at the weekend, and guess what I forgot...yep, Mum you were right, you told me I would probably forget it, and I did!
In the afternoon Robert went to play with his friend, and they apparently went to the local farmer and helped him with some cleaning up and some hay, not really sure what they did, but Robert had a great time. Richard and I went into the next village and bought a book with instructions for making things (I bet there is a better word for that, but I don't know it!) Anyhow we got one and came, so we go all the way over to a SHOP in the next village and again, I forget the butter! AGH, BUT I did remember when we got back to our village, so we stopped there and bought some butter! Phew tea saved!
So when we were back home, Richard and I went straight in the garden and got all the bits we needed for what Richard had chosen. Yep, Dinphy I know it is not autumn yet, but they only had books with autumn pictures in, so here we have what Richard made
He did the cutting out of the dark brown on the hedgehog and the tummy of the hedgehog. I had to cut all the small bits out, including the leaves. He did the faces on them though! Oh and it was his idea to use the ice-cream stick for the broom!
At 6pm Robert got home and we sat down to tea, half way through it got REALLY REALLY dark outside and we had a storm, not as bad as in some places in Hessen, but so dark! Robert was again frightened of the thunder, but we played Sorry in the kitchen and that took his mind off. Because of the storm the boys were 30minutes late to bed, but it really is no good putting Robert to bed with thunder still rolling, he wouldn't sleep. Now I am hoping that we don't have another storm tonight, cause I would really like some sleep!
CU tomorrow
3 comments:
Well Kerri, you sound a bit DUTCH! :)
We ALWAYS seem to be complaining about the weather... no matter what. LOL.
Had to smile at the butter story.
It SO could have been me.
Or, wait...
I'd probably had forgotten it the last time as well. ;P
Love what Richard made (even being autumn themed) ;) Great work on the cutting, both of you. Love the ice-cream-broom-stick!
Hope the weather is better tonight!
Hugs!
Its British complaining about the weather...we do it all the time
Ah, that explains! :)
Post a Comment