Monday, 29 August 2011

Day 240

So today didn't go quite according to plan. Robert is ill, poor little fellow. This morning he woke up with a cough, sore throat, headache and ear ache, I took him in bed with us to assess how bad it was, and it was bad, he could hardly get his breathe poor thing. So doctors it was this morning, but first I had to get Richard and Florian organised, for once Florian didn't leave before us, and we had it so well planned, but it all went out the window with Robert poorly. But I had everyone where they should be and us at the doctors by 8.45am. Our doctor is still ill too, so we went to the paediatrician who looked after Robert's heart when he had the Kawasaki Syndrome. They wanted to get me to go somewhere else, but I stuck to my guns, as I didn't want to go to some stranger!
Anyhow, poor Robert not only has Bronchitis, but also an inflammation of his middle ear (I had to look that one up on the internet, it also said otitis!) I have antibiotics, ibuprofen and something to loosen his chest. He looked terrible for most of the day, at one point he even fell asleep in front of the tv - now that is not my Robert!

He brightened up a little bit in the afternoon and we were able to play a round of Yahtzee - Robert even won, he got Yahtzee too! (and no he wasn't cheating, I was watching him closely!) Most of the day we had the TV on, it keeps him nice and calm and he isn't tempted to use whatever energy the ibuprofen might give him!

It was one of those days where I forgot to take a picture, so I thought I would show you the bargain I got when we went to Aldi this morning. These are my new shoes - very comfy! And if the weather stays like this, I can even start wearing them!
CU tomorrow

2 comments:

Dinphy said...

Poor Robert - Wish him well from us!

Love the new shoes!

bentonflocke said...

cool new shoes with a beautiful colour!

Poor Robert - we wish him well, too!!