Sunday, 14 August 2011

Day 225

Today was Heidelbeerfest and after a very early lunch all had to go and get ourselves ready. Richard and I met with all the Kindergarden Mums and kids and Florian took Robert to join the kids from the football team.
Richard and I got to dress up in bin liners as Blueberries (Heidelbeeren)

and Robert's football team were straight from The Flintstones, complete with car!

The procession through the village started at 1.30pm and it was great fun taking part and not watching! Robert even asked afterwards if he could do it all again next year! The procession itself is not very long, I think we had finished about 45 minutes later, and then we watched all those that came after us, and then headed for the party in the tent. As soon as the last float had finished the parade, the heavens opened, luckily we found a spot in the tent. We were so lucky it hadn't started whilst we were still walking. but it was still a shame, as the kids couldn't really take part in all the activities they had for kids. Richard's kindergarden teachers didn't join in the procession, but they all came to watch, and one of them even got to join in the Heidelbeerkuchenwettessen - blueberry cake race, where they hide a coin in the cake and you have to eat your way in from the outside to find it! Great fun to watch, as everyone gets sooooo sooooo messy, but I don't think I ever want to join in! Here is Richard's kindergarden teacher working her way to the coin!!

We left the festival at 6.30pm after having our tea there too. It was a great afternoon.
CU tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had great fun