A had a nice relaxing break from my chaotic life at work this morning, and then at 11.30 it was back home to the chaos I call my life!
I had to be home early because they were coming to deliver our oil for the central heating at 12. They were right on time and things could have been sooo easy...BUT...there always seems to be a but around here these days. Well, when I went to get the key to unlock the pipe where the oil goes in, it wasn't hanging where it ALWAYS hangs! I probably only have myself to blame seeing as it is me who does the oil every year, but it wasn't there. And emptying the key cupboard and trying them all, did not help. We (that's the oil man and me) then had a look around Florians tool area to find a saw to saw the lock in half. We found a very small saw, but it wouldn't work on the lock. So thank goodness for neighbours! Our lovely neighbour has a very organised workshop and his wife and I and the oilman had a look there and found the perfect saw for my problem. And 15 minutes later the oilman was finally able to fill up the tanks!
And I have to go out and get a new lock for the pipe!
The afternoon was filled with learning for both Robert and me, not only does he have a dictation coming up, he also has to learn a poem off by heart. It kept us quite busy. These are the sheets he wrote the dictation on, he did three on his own and one I dictated to him. Not bad really for only just practising, he got 3 mistakes!
After all that, I let him have a go on the Wii, I decided he had deserved it! At 4.15pm it was off to Kindergarden to pick Richard up. We walked today, I had forgotten that Richard had an extra toy with him, but it was OK, we managed fine without the car. He took his new Lego game "Ninjago" with him to play with his mates, and apparently they had a great time with it, but unfortunately he managed to lose the one piece that you can't play the game without! We are hoping now that the cleaning people sweep it up for him and if not that Lego can replace it without too much cost for us! We'll see!
When I went on the Lego page to ask about getting a replacement we ended up watching lots of Lego Star Wars films, they were quite fun really! The boys loved them! Watch out Daddy you will probably have to watch them at the weekend!
CU tomorrow!
1 comment:
Big thumbs up for Robert's dictation! WOW!!
Post a Comment