Thursday, 3 November 2011

Day 305

Another busy day, which as so often started completely different to planned. I was changing Richard's bandage this morning and his finger looked really yucky, I was also struggling with the bandage that I had got from a friend who had some left over. It was not as wide as our bandage had been and I just couldn't get it wrapped properly, so I decided that a trip to the doctor was a good idea! And it was really, even if Richard wasn't too thrilled about it. The doctor took one look at his finger and said that he was pleased with how it looked and then quickly proceeded to pull the dead skin off! Oh it looked so much better then, but Richard did scream. But it really was over in seconds!
The doctor then said, that that was it, he didn't need a bandage anymore. Richard wasn't having that, he cried and cried, until the doctor gave in and put a plaster on it for him. I must say I was glad that Richard did kick up that fuss, cause I wasn't really thrilled to think that he would be off to Kindergarden with no protection whatsoever over the new skin! But he now has a plaster and the doctor gave us two more, but then Richard should try and go without! Now the poor boy has to relearn to use the finger, he is so used to holding it up and out of the way, that today I think he bent it once and only when I asked him to.

After the doctors both Richard and I had to go to Kindergarden. I only had 5 kids for my English lesson today, I thought it might make it easier, but they were still as fidgety! BUT they are finally remembering some of the words - not the new ones of course, but happy, sad, angry, sleepy, scared and silly are slowly sinking in!

This afternoon it was time to put my organising skills to the test again! At 3.45pm we picked Richard up at Kindergarden, then it was on to pick up Roberts friend who also goes to the sports group. At 4.15pm we were there and Richard and I went off to tutor my pupil. We finished there at 5.30 and it was back to the sports hall to pick the kids up again! They had had a great time and looked quite worn out.

Back home it was time for a shower for Robert and whilst showering his broken toe nail came off, so that is a trip that I don't need to make now, that one sorted itself out, just as I had hoped it would!

I have won the chance to make an A3 calendar (I just have to blog about it when I get it) and it has to be finished and uploaded by Thursday so I am busy making that now! Fingers xed I get it done on time, it would be easier if I knew what sort of look I am after, oh well, I'll just see what happens!

And today you get the picture I promised myself I would take yesterday. Here are Richard's skinny and proper angels. The angel on the right is the one the art teacher drew for him. Next to that are the too skinny angels that he wasn't happy with and the one coloured in is the one he was happy with!

CU tomorrow

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

armer richard, kann mir gut vorstellen, wie er sich gefühlt hat.. da leidet man schon aus der ferne mit.

Ein glück, dass er es nun weitestgehend hinter sich hat. Drücke ihm die daumen, dass er den finger problemlos wieder bewegen kann.

Süß die engel... hat er toll gemacht