Monday, 7 November 2011

Day 307, Day 308 and Day 309

Can you tell, I had a VERY busy weekend. I hope I can remember all we did... here goes

Day 307 - Saturday
Saturday morning we were invited around to Sabine's for breakfast, it was a birthday breakfast for her girls, and it was delicious! The kids all played quite nicely whilst us adults sat and ate and chatted. About 12.30 we all left and headed home, but skipped lunch after all the rolls we had eaten!
Florian then put on the winter tyres for me, and the boys played outside (well they were in and out really but for the most part they were outside!)

I went in and set to work on my calendar. It is coming on nicely, although it wasn't easy with Richard helping me! (he chose some of the pictures on the March page!

I made Zucchini and rice for tea, and then it was time for me to get ready, yep, I had a night out! We went to see (we being Sabine, Katrin and I) a German comedienne. She put on a good show, we got 2.5 hours for our 30 Euros, so that is a bargain! She was quite rude in places, which the parents of the kids in the audience weren't expecting I bet. Still can't believe that parents took their 8 year olds to see her! This is a picture of the stage and audience. They ask you don't take photos during the show, so I didn't! It was sold out, but I took this in the interval and lots of people were out getting merchandise and drinks!
After the show we went for a cocktail in town and didn't get home until nearly 1am! No wonder I am still tired!

Day 308 - Sunday
The boys made sure that I didn't really get a lie in, they were up nice and bright and early as always! But I did stay in bed as long as possible! At 11.30 we were invited round to Florian's sister for an English Breakfast. Ooh it was delicious! We stayed there until about 3pm then headed home, and Florian and Robert did a quick turn and went to the swimming pool. Robert had to swim 50metres to get his "Deutsches Sportabzeichen" (some sport certificate) and HE DID IT!! So proud of him!

Whilst they were swimming Richard and I were going to go to the bird exhibition in the village, but half way there we bumped into Sabine who told us that this year it wasn't worth going. They had run out of cake, the coffee was cold and the raffle prizes had already all been won! So we did turn back. Once home, Richard wanted to "do painting" and he proceeded to make a pencil case like Mr. Maker, a light sabre in blue, and some bumerangs - I could have sworn I took pictures, but they aren't on the camera, so I must have only thought about taking the pictures, I'll add them to the post tomorrow, when I am more awake!

In the evening I then went out again! This time I was meeting my friends for a meal in Hanau. It was a lovely evening, it was great to catch up again! And hopefully we can get to see oneanother again this year! We'll see!
I got home in time to watch the DVD that Dad had made of Center Parcs with Florian, it was really good. Although my knees went to jelly and I felt slightly sick, watching Florian be rescued from the high wire again!

Day 309 - Monday
No work today, and from the sounds of an email I got at lunch time telling me they have no work for me tomorrow, I think they were glad I didn't go in today! Anyhow I was home because Richard had an appointment at the opticians. Today he had to have the drops that make your pupils widen and I had to give them to him at home! Oh dear. The things the poor boy has to endure lately. I know that the drops burn, so I can't even blame him for fighting me with all his might. But I had to get them in for him!
His eyes are slightly worse, but the doctor didn't prescribe new glasses yet, in 6 months when we have to go again, he will need new lenses and by then probably a new pair of glasses as well - they said these frames are getting a bit small for his face now! We'll see in May.
Richard then decided he didn't want to go to Kindergarden at all today, so I let him stay home.
In the afternoon I had my pupil round for an English lesson and then I made some more popcorn and we sat and watched the Center Parcs film. (here they are engrossed).
Mum was a bit worried that watching Florian dangling on a rope might upset them, but they thought it was hilarious and were most upset that Pop didn't get the actual fall, but the did enjoy the rescue mission!
I worked hard on the calendar and I now only have 3 more months to go, so I think I will get it done in time to use my voucher!
OK, off to bed now!
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Wow, sure was a busy weekend! But a fun one luckily!

Well, poor Richard's eye drops wasn't in the weekend ;)
Actually smart, to wait with the lenses till he also needs new frames.

You are great on your xmas things! I still have to start...

Hugs!