Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Day 157

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear me, Happy Birthday to me! Oh dear 43 today, does that mean that I am now old?? Nah, I'm as young as I feel and I think I am 21 again!!

After I got the boys up, I went to sort out some clean underwear for them and when I came back in the room, Robert started singing Happy Birthday for me and Richard soon joined in! I was so proud of them and pleased that they had remembered. Well, Robert remembered, Richard told me that he hadn't - too cute! And then they promised to be good boys for my birthday! Bless them! I have to say though it almost actually worked, but it could be that they were only together for about 30 minutes before school and Kindergarden and then 15 minutes after school and Kindergarden, and another 30 minutes before bedtime! Unfortunately 5 minutes before bedtime they did come to blows. Still not bad really!

I got lots of birthday wishes via facebook today - I love facebook, it connects me to people I would normally have lost all contact to! And I had plenty of phone calls too, the first of course was Florian. Other than that it was a pretty normal day. Work in the morning. Homework in the afternoon with a bit of extra as Robert is writing a German test tomorrow! BUT I did have the jubilee on all day and at 4.15 I picked Richard up from Kindergarden so that we would be home in time for the "fly past" of the red arrows at Buckingham Palace. And they were really impressed. Richard even got some pictures of it!

After that I sent Robert of to his football training and got Richard ready for his football game! By then they were repeating the best bits of yesterdays concert on BBC and Richard saw Robbie Williams and recognised him! "Mummy that's the one that sings in the rain" - yep, in the flood, the video is with rain!

Richard's team was playing a really strong team today, they tried really hard to keep the ball out of their goal, but they still lost 15:0 - but they still looked like they had great fun!

CU tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your birthday, see you Thursday

Dinphy said...

Happy Birthday sweety!

Aww, so sweet of the boys! Having good kids (almost) all day, must the best present! :)

Loved the jubilee concert. But would have missed it if not for your facebook post! ;)

Hope you had a lovely day, with a fly past even... !