Sunday, 10 June 2012

Day 163

The boys and our guest got up nice and bright and early and by the time we came downstairs had finished watching the Germany - Portugal match that we recorded last night for them! I think my boys have discovered that you cannot only play football but also watch it!

After the match we had a lovely breakfast again and then we set off on our walk. A long one! According to the map at the Hessenmühle it was 3.5 km to Giesel, not too bad we thought and off we set to go there. When we got to one of the main points on the map, the sign posts said, that we had just done 3km and still had 2.2 to go - oops, that means the walk is 5.2 km! (sounds like another case of "around the corner" doesn't it Mum!) Whatever we kept on going and it was quite easy going as from there it was downhill all the way! Great for now, not so sure about the going home bit! I got some fun shots on the walk there.




At the Hessenmühle we had a lovely lunch and then we went to play a round of crazy golf. The kids weren't really in to it today and all three had a bit of a paddy going round, so we only did 9 of the 18 holes. Whilst we were playing a friend from the village and her family came along too. And they were about to save our day! When they went home, they took Florian and the boys with them (the boys in the boot, shhhh don't tell!) and our guests and I continued on the trail to a parking place near the road to home. The walk was a lot easier than going back up the hill, and Florian was able to pick us up at the parking place. It was another 3.5 km walk, but a beautiful one.
We finally got back home at about 4.30pm and our guests had to leave right away, they were a lot later leaving than they had planned, cause the walk proved longer and more difficult than expected, but I think they enjoyed themselves. I certainly did, even if Robert's paddies and behaviour spoilt it a bit!

This evening it was more football, but tomorrow after the England game, I am going to watch my Birthday present - I got the Box set of Glee Season 1 and 2! OK, can't watch it all in one go, but I will enjoy what I do watch!
CU tomorrow!

No comments: