Big day today, Mum was operated on. They took bone from both of her hips and put it in her leg to strengthen the bone down there. They didn't have get quite enough bone from the hips, so they had to put some synthetic stuff in there too. Now all it has to do is heal properly, fingers xed!
And whilst Mum was having her operation Richard and I were at the doctors too. Richard had his test to see if he is allergic to fructose. It was like being breathalysed every 30 minutes. Unfortunately it was for 3 hours! I don't really know what outcome I was waiting for, but the outcome is - he IS allergic to fructose and that is what is causing his tummy ache. Too bad, that fructose seems to be in all his favourite things. The first thing I have taken away from him is his beloved grape juice. And I am hoping that is the main culprit in his problems, especially as when we were on holiday in England he didn't have tummy ache.
I would have liked to have left the doctor with some sort of food plan or plan of what to do, but nothing. The doctor told me that he has it and said to leave out the obvious, keep a food diary and after a few weeks get in touch with a nutritionist. NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR. I tried to get a prescription to see the nutritionist from our doctor, but she can't give me one until she gets the report from the other doctor and that can take up to 2 weeks!
So after fretting about it all afternoon I have now decided to cut out the grape juice and leave the rest as is, and wait for my appointment with our doctor in two weeks. We'll see what happens in that time (oh and I will keep that diary again, although Richard is not that good at describing his tummy ache, but I might notice when it is worse than normal)
Other than that, after the doctors we went shopping I got the boys a thermos flask each to take tea to school with them in the winter (they both asked for that), and then we went to Lidl and got a heater for the utility room to keep the temperature just above zero in the winter.
After lunch Richard and I went to my sports hour, I had a different trainer today and he found muscles that I didn't know I had and oh dear it was hard work. But so worth it, I am sure!
Back home I let Richard do what he wanted, he was struggling enough, not being allowed to drink what he wanted. And he watched a film and then when Robert got home they watched the last part of the Famous Five DVD set.
I wasn't in the right frame of mind for pictures today, but I pinched one off the internet to show you what I did at the doctors this morning. I read "A Street Cat named Bob", a true story about a homeless guy and the cat that adopted him. It is so touching, and here is Bob!
CU tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment