Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Day 319

This morning I had another morning at school, selling books - well, writing down which ones the kids would like so their parents can decide just how much they would like them. Today was Robert's turn to look around. Of course he chose a dinosaur book, but I sent him right back with that one, we do not need another dinosaur book. But he did pick out two nice ones with stories, so he is allowed those two!

Richard got home just after I did and he was in a funny mood, when we sat down to do his homework, which was reading today he burst into tears after the first two words. It was too difficult, he was never going to learn and everyone is so much better than him! He was inconsolable. I managed to get him to calm down, when I told him I would talk to the teacher about it all, and find out if he could go to the extra German lesson on a Tuesday. So I phoned her up and first asked if anything had happened at school, as he was in such a state, but no one had teased him about his reading or anything like that. And as she said, they have all only just started reading and it takes at least the first school year to get there... poor Richard seems to be putting too much pressure on himself!

After both boys had finished their homework, Richard went to play with his friends at the playground. I would have sent Richard along too, but apparently it was their first "club meeting" and Robert isn't part of the club, so he wasn't allowed to join them! He was so upset and jealous. His friend hadn't got time today, so even more tears this time from Robert. But he has to learn that Richard has his own friends!

Whilst Richard was gone, Robert and I went to get some more Weetabix. We can only get them at this one shop, which we don't normally go to. Shame that this one shop has a new sticker book out, it was Disney and I am a softy so the boys now have a new sticker book. Not sure how many stickers they will actually get, seeing as I don't shop there, but they were happy today!

Richard got back from the playground and still wasn't in a better mood, he argued with me about everything and anything. By bedtime I was exhausted, he was too though he was nearly asleep before I even left the room.

At some point the kids went to art school, and I had a wander around the new Media Markt, it was lovely and big, but no different really to the old one!

And now for my picture.

These are my new slippers, which I knitted. I used "felting wool" is that what it is called in England? Well you knit with it, and when you are finished you wash it in the washing machine and it shrinks and looks like felt. It was fun making them and they certainly keep your feet lovely and warm.

OK, time for bed now!
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Love the slippers! Love the idea of knitting your own too. Did you put anything underneath to prevent from slipping and getting worn out?

Cute how Richard wants to learn to read so badly... But a shame he puts the pressure up too high. That first year can be so difficult for them!

Hugs!