Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Day 253

I had such a busy morning, I'm not sure I'll be able to reconstruct it here. Be warned I might wear you out trying!

So, Robert's first real day at the new school, he catches a later bus now, most days of the week, so I didn't wave him off until quarter to eight. Wednesdays in future though his bus will leave at 6.50 am - that's going to be a difficult one for all of us I think. I'll let you know next week!

I went to school about 8.30am I wanted to pick up the thermos flask and a couple of cake trays that Mum's from the village had lent for the first day of school celebrations. And I had to drop off some of the kids art supplies. Unfortunately I am still a cake tray down, fingers xed, that the person who borrowed it, remembers to bring it back! Then off I went to Richard's class to take the art supplies. I timed my visit perfectly and was there between lessons.
I got to chat to Richard's German teacher about testing him for dyslexia, she will set the wheels in motion. It was good to hear, that if he does have it, they have extra tuition for him at the school. We'll see, what they find out.
When I had finished there I headed to the the pre-school class to take their photo. Then I headed off to the local stationary store to get Richards school books bound and to get some more supplies for him. Whilst I was there I got a call from another library Mum, could I join her at school at 11! No peace for the wicked. I had just over an hour to kill then, so I took my time shopping at Aldi, then it was back to school again to sort out the library timetable! All sorted in time to take Richard and the girls home with me!

Robert got home at 1.30pm and he actually told me quite a bit about his day at school. That list I have must be inspiring me! He had a great day, and especially enjoyed the "getting to know you game" that they played. So pleased he is enjoying it all!
After lunch he went to his friends to play but was back in time to have to join me in taking Richard to Karate. He wasn't to happy about that, but when I installed Runtastic on his phone, he started to get interested.

We walked for an hour and I don't think he shut up once, he was so chatty. And he loved the fact he could see where we were walking, how far we had gone, how fast we were going and how many calories we were burning! I may well have a new walking partner now, we'll see!

This evening I have been designing a thank you card for a neighbour and have written a friendly note to Robert's English teacher, in the hope that I can get him/her on our side and that we can all work together in getting Robert a great mark at the end of the term.

Off to bed now
CU tomorrow!

No comments: