Thursday, 11 September 2014

Day 254

First day back at work after 6 weeks school holiday. I was worried I was going to get funny looks from the boss people, because I had been missing, but all was fine and I actually had a good morning! It was just us girls in the office today and as we can all multitask, we got our work done and had a good gossip!

I got home without having to rush today as both boys are still at school, when I leave now. Richard comes home at just before 1pm and Robert I now know gets in at 2.15pm. Rather late for lunch, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Robert loves his new school and teachers, he came home in such a happy mood it was lovely. He was all talkative, and I didn't need my list at all. I know all about what he did in the break, a little about his new friend and a lot about his English lesson, I think that is more than I heard in the whole of the last term at primary school!

Richard had a homework meltdown, he was so frustrated with himself. He had to copy a few sentences with his fountain pen and in nice and tidy joined up writing. He spent most of the last term arguing with me about the necessity of joined up writing and his teacher never made them do it if they preferred printing. Well his new teacher prefers joined up, much to his disgust.
He really struggled, and when I heard him in his room crying and heard things flying across the room, I went up and calmed him down. I then sat with him and helped him read it properly and write it correctly. He really struggled and it took a while, but I could tell he was proud of himself when he had finished. Looks like I will be helping a lot more this term and hopefully at some point it will go click and spelling will come easy.
After sruggling through his homework, he went to play with his friends. And not long after that it was time for Robert's football training, luckily it stopped raining.

Whilst Robert was out our neighbour popped around to have a look at the thank you card I had made her, whe was over the moon with it. Whilst we were chatting she mentioned her MIL's birthday and I sold her a card for that too. Go me! But with all that chatting, I was a couple of minutes late picking Robert up - oops!

We had a lovely surprise whilst we were finishing our late tea, the doorbell rang, and it was Florian. He had been on a course and was able to come home tonight! I should have got a picture that, but instead I have a couple of my mischievious cats!


CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Cute pictures! Don't think I'd appreciate a cat on my printer, but as you didn't mind as much and took a photo instead of shooing him away, I can enjoy the cuteness in stead of worrying! ;)

Fun how again we've got that similair thing going, now with the oldest kids going to school, even with the age difference!
SO good to hear Robert likes his new school and made a new friend so soon!
Lisa likes her school too, and also made new friends.
I really hope for both of them it stays that way when the new wears off.

Oh, and tell the boys I love the drawings of cars and trucks!

Hugs!