Day 262 - Friday
Busy with proper work today and plenty of it, so nothing to complain about.
Once Robert got home from school, I had to take both kids out to get Robert football shoes in time for his match tomorrow. Luckily his friend who I take to guitar had another way to get there today and we didn't have to rush back to pick him up. That gave us the chance to have an ice-cream whilst at the mall!
We got some football boots and Richard got himself a rainbow loom kit. We got to guitar right on time. Richard and I then sat outside in the sunshine and he started on his first loom bracelet (and yes all the boys wear them here too!)
Florian was late home tonight and I had to send him a message that he should find his key tonight and not ring the doorbell or knock on the window to come in. Some silly idiot rang at about 8.30pm, when I opened the door there was someone stood there wearing a scary halloween mask, he growled "hello" then ran off. I may have looked tough standing at the door, but once I had shut it behind him, I was shaking. I locked the door and vowed to ignore anymore rings or such. Luckily nothing more came! Wish I knew who it was, I'd give them a right telling off!
It made the decision babysitter or not for Monday night's parents evening easier, babysitter it is, don't want the boys seeing a scary person outside!
Day 263 - Saturday
Florian had to take his car in to the workshop today, his brakes were making weird noises on his way home. Turns out there were practically no brakes left - all fixed now though. Whilst they were being fixed I picked him up there and we went shopping. Florian got a new jacket for sports whilst we were out.
Back home we had rolls for lunch, then it was time to send Robert off with his trainer to his football match and Florian and I headed for Richard's Karate presentation. Mum and Dad's drive up to watch took double the amount of time it usually does, as there was an extra amout of traffic around, but they made it just in time!
Richard did really well and he really enjoyed it too. I have more pictures, but they are still on the camera, I'll try to remember to post them in the morning! The presentation was at the mall, so we got to have another ice cream afterwards, we couldn't sit outside though, there was a huge storm and no one went anywhere for quite a while!
In the evening we all went to the Chinese for a meal. It was really delicious as always and it was fun being there with Mum and Dad, thank you for coming and for treating us!
Day 264 - Sunday
Whilst Florian was at sport this morning I was busy in the kitchen. I first baked an apple cake, then I made a pumpkin soup for tea time. When Florian got in we decided what we were going to have for lunch, so I was buys there all morning, but with Heart Radio on I was happy!
In the afternoon friends came round to help polish off the cake (they brought some round too, so we certainly didn't go hungry). It was a lovely afternoon too. Shame it ended at 5pm. All our friends left and Florian too. He has a busy work week and had to get back down south earlier than usual :o(
Day 265 - Monday
Busy busy day! Be prepared to feel puffed at the end of this post. First off I got on with the washing, Then as I knew it was going to get busy I prepared the spaghetti bolognese sauce, then at 10am it was time for Kindergarden. I only had 4 kids, but they all really enjoy it, so that's ok by me! After English I had time for a drink before I went shopping. After shopping it was off to school, this time I had an appointment with the teacher who tested Richard for dyslexia.
Well he doesn't have dyslexia as such, but he does need help. She gave me lots of tips on what to do with him and how to practice, now I just have to get him on my side and wanting to practice. Wish me luck! I waited after our meeting to take Richard home with me.
I was just boiling the spaghetti when I looked out of the window at the rain that was chucking it down to see Robert waving at me.
I opened the door for him and had two questions, 1) why are you standing in the pouring rain and not ringing the bell? and 2) Why are you home? You aren't due in until in 45 minutes. He told me that his music lesson was cancelled.
Oh dear new school new rules, obviously I am no longer informed if the lessons are cancelled! I explained to Robert that if lessons are cancelled nd he just appears home, that I might not always be there, and that in such a case he is to go to Heike. And then thought nothing more about it.
The afternoon was full of homework. Richard took til right up to the time we needed to leave for Karate.
Whilst Richard was at Karate, Robert and I went for our walk around the lake. There was a small patch of sunflowers there and we both had fun taking lots of pictures.
Then it was back to get Richard and get home quick. Heike's mum was babysitting for me and she was already here when we got in. I quickly made the boys something to eat, changed and then headed out for the parents evening.
The parents evening went on for ever, I didn't get in until 10pm.
All went well at the parents evening, I am again on the PTA, I find volunteering speeds up the parents evening, so you can imagine how long it would have been if I hadn't. All of Robert's teachers introduced themselves and I think he has a great set.
When it came to question time, I decided to ask about the cancelled music lesson, turns out it wasn't cancelled, oh dear. I assume he got confused, but when I said at home, he should have owned up, so that I could have at least phoned school to let them know he was home. KIDS!
He also forgot some homework too (it was written on the board) oh dear, not sure how to work on this now, its not primary school anymore, the teachers have other things to do, than check whether Robert wrote everything down!
When I got in, I just didn't feel like blogging, so I watched Cilla in peace and then went to bed!
Day 266 - Tuesday
Sport this morning, if I had been going on my own, I would probably have found some excuse, but I wasn't and I am so glad I wasn't, cause once there I really enjoyed myself. I ache all over now, but at the time it was fun!
Back home I tried out a new recipe, the boys were not impressed at lunchtime, in fact I had to force them to eat, neither was happy about that. So I don't think I'll be making this meal again.
This afternoon we had nothing on, but I did seem to overseeing a lot of homework again.
Richard went out when he had finished, he met with his friends and they collected conkers! It's that time of year again. He came home with a bin bag full of them, not sure what we will do with them all, but something tells me, Richard will have an idea or two!
Time for bed now
CU tomorrow!





1 comment:
How fun Richard is getting into looming too! Yep, also for the boys! Lisa is all into it, Tom has some, and even I enjoy it. hehe.(if you like, you could check my pinterest, I gathered quite a load of tutorials)
And good luck with Robert... I know those troubles.
So glad Lisa's school has a website where we can check everything from homework and cancelled lessons, to grades and attendance.
Post a Comment