Work all day, I left at 3pm though when the snow was getting just a bit too much for my liking. And it was a good thing I did because about half way home the roads were white with snow, not good, I decided that I would pick the kids up early from Kindergarden as there was no way I wanted to go back out into the storm again.
Back home the boys played on the Wii until it was time for "Blue Peter" a great kids TV show, where it is fun but also educational...well, whilst they were watching it, I went in the kitchen to get tea ready...bad idea today. As when I went back in Robert had a look of panic on his face, they were showing surgery in the 1900s and surgery now. Not all gory really. They had a dummy on which they were simulating key-hole surgery. But it all really really upset poor Robert, and he couldn't get to sleep, and I am half expecting him to wake up in the night too...
Well the storm has kept up all evening and one point even managing to blow the window open in the lounge which in turn woke Robert up and frightened him...
Well about 9.30pm the doorbell rang, frightened the life out of me, no one comes around at night time...I peeked through the door and recognised the person stood there, but didn't know where to put him. Once I opened the door, he could see I hadn't got a clue who he was and let me in on the secret, he was our neighbour. Well our poor neighbour had got his car stuck in a snowdrift across the road about 10m from his own driveway, could Florian help him. Well Florian of course is not here, so I bundled up and tried my best. It was not going to move with only me pushing though, I couldn't get a grip on the snow. when he went to see if his Dad was home I took a picture from the door way
And I took some other pictures of the snow too this evening. This is the snowdrift that is forming in front of the lounge patio doors
And this - believe it or not - is actually our terrace, its gone missing! Looks more like we are about to have a "Foam party" there!
CU then
2 comments:
Surgery can be so nasty to kids! We've closed out some of the issues around it, but they still see it so raw!
Hope he slept well.
As you don't mention Richard, it seems he doesn't get too bothered about it? (yet?)
OOF... nice layer or snow! You must be thrilled I'm sure!
Heehee... ;)
Don't know about you but I'd like to see my yard and terrace again! I have seen enough white now, thank you! Bless your heart for trying to help with pushing the car!!
Post a Comment