Friday, 12 February 2010

Day 43

More snow to shovel this morning (told you I'd be back with a weather report) and it has snowed more or less continually all day! But enough about that...
I also promised you elephants...well aren't they the cutest!
It was the boys "Faschings-Party" (carnival - as in mardi gras - party) and the theme was "In the Jungle". We have had these hats since Richard was 1 I think, and normally we wear them (yes, I have one too) to the carnival parade, but this year they were just perfect for the Jungle party!

This afternoon the boys really wanted to build a box or cupboard with Daddy, the sort you buy at IKEA, sometimes they have "great" ideas. Well we didn't have anything like that to build so Robert decided he wanted to make pompoms. They are about half way there. Richard's is so neatly done, and Robert's not so, it will be interesting to see the finished thing! I think though with pompoms it doesn't really matter, how neat and tidy you are winding the wool, we'll see!

I am fighting Florian's cold now, can't stop sneezing today, so not a good sign. I hope it goes away cause tomorrow is "Girls Night Out" for me!
CU tomorrow or Sunday

3 comments:

Dinphy said...

They're so cute!
As far as I remember, with pompoms it's all about how tight you can get it in the last rounds... If it's neat, it might help a bit, but I think they'll both be pretty!
Wow, they have the patience for it? You will show them to us if they're finished, right? :)

Keep fighting Kerri, that cold mustn't win from you!
Hope you can have a great evening!

bentonflocke said...

Gute Besserung für Florian und Dir drück ich die Daumen, dass es Dich nicht so doll erwischt - vorallem aber dass du einen netten Mädels-Abend hattest!
Süß Deine Elefanten

~Susie~ said...

Your boys are so cute in their elephant hats.

Hope you get well soon, take care
Hugs Susie