Well today carried on just like yesterday! I am sat here and not actually sure where Sunday disappeared to! It started off with us having to get up at the crack of dawn as we had to be at the stadium for 8am for Robert's first mini-marathon. I wanted to get there a bit early too, as I was sure parking would be bad. And I was right, but we got a good place! We were the first there from our school, but the stadium was already full with loads and loads of kids and parents.
Robert got a new T-shirt and his starting number and then it wasn't long before everyone was there. But before they could start, I got to take some photos of all the kids! (only the ones from our school). Here the group shot.
Then it was off to the starting point. I got some great shots of some of the other kids from Robert's class starting, but I only got Robert from behind! Oops!
Anyhow here he goes to run the 4.482km! Richard and I went back into the stadium and waited on the finishing stretch to cheer him on. It wasn't long and the first were coming in to the stadium. I think the first got there just over 15 minutes after starting. I am still impressed! Robert was the first I saw of his class come through (but then again I nearly missed Robert, so he might not have been first) Again I only got a shot of him from behind!
He made it in just under 30 minutes we think, but we won't know exactly until Tuesday when his sports teacher lets him know!
Here he is after just having finished running - not even red cheeks! I think he could have gone on longer. We are so proud of him!
We were back home again by 9.30am, so it was a really bright and early day. Robert was worn out back home, so they spent most of the morning on the Wii or TV, but never mind.
Florian got home about 2.30pm and the boys grabbed him and asked him to take them on a cycling tour, but not before we had unpacked our new camera - yep I waited patiently until Florian was back home, before playing with our new toy. So all pictures from now on are with our new camera! Here are my boys ready for their cycling/football tour.
I used the time to chat to mum and iron some/lots of shirts!
The friends that would perhaps like our old camera popped around just before the boys got home from their tour, so we spent a good while outside chatting about cameras. Tomorrow they are going to borrow the camera and take it for a test run!
This evening Sabine popped in for some help booking a train ticket online, that might sound silly, but the German train system online is really complicated. But she now has her tickets, I just couldn't print them for her, but on Wednesday I should be able to! I ordered a new printer today (Canon IP 4950), now no more shopping for a long while, I think!!!
CU tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment