Monday, 24 September 2012

Day 268

My computer is playing up tonight, so I am not even going to try and attempt to post a photo (it could take til the morning the speed the computer is working) but hopefully it will let me blog.

So this morning I went straight out after the boys were on their way to school. I wanted a few bits that were on offer at Aldi. It's been a while since I have gone on an offer day and wow - it was packed, I barely got a parking space at 8.02 and it opens at 8!
I think most of the people there wanted the small kids clothes, but I was there for jogging trousers and bed sheets. It was so busy there, that I postponed proper shopping, as I just couldn't concentrate and in places I couldn't even get to the food!

Back home I got on with my translation for work and at the same time did the washing! Both are all done now!

In the afternoon Richard and I went to the doctors to hear the results of his stool sample. Well of the bacteria in the intestines he has too few of the good ones, and way too many of the ones that cause gases. And that is the reason for his tummy ache. We now have to change his diet and try and get the balance in his intestines right again. It means a lot of things he cannot have, all of which he wanted this afternoon (like the doughnuts he saw when we went to get him some different bread!)
I was a bit flustered with the news, but like Mum says if I do get it all totally wrong it just means more tummy ache for him. But I am going to do my best to get it right. And tomorrow to start us off we will be having yummy chicken soup - one of the things on the list of things he can eat!

Robert spent the afternoon at my friends with whose son he has a love/hate relationship. Luckily today was a good day and they actually enjoyed one another's company. And he didn't come home until gone 6pm! He got his maths test back today and he got a 2 - well done Robert! He wrote a music test today, but I haven't heard how that went yet!

OK, off to bed now
CU tomorrow - hopefully with some pictures!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Oh boy, poor Richard! Still must be kind of a relief to know what's wrong. And that you're able to help him fix it!
Are the things difficult to eleminate?
And after the first period of strict diet, when it's been balanced, can he then have those things again, but with moderation? Hope so.

Good luck, hope it works quickly!!