First things first - Happy Birthday Lisa, sorry we didn't get to Skype you today, but when your Mummy reads about our day, she'll understand why! Your present is in an envelope waiting for me to stop at the post office, but somehow Sept. 6th came around much quicker than I thought it would! HUGE hugs from all of us! Double figures now!
So now to our busy busy day! I had to work in the morning, I did some mingling today too, normally if there is a breakfast or birthday celebration, I don't go, I never used to think it was appropriate to go, when I am only there for 4 hours. But now... I didn't eat anything though, sticking to my "no snacking between meals".
After work I went to sport and even the trainer there said today that the leg thingys fit better now! It really is working!
At 4.45 I picked Richard up from the bus stop and he immediately put my mind at rest when he told me that Robert was at sport, and that he had taken the right route when Richard changed buses. Phew! I was a bit nervous about that.
We picked Robert up an hour later, and he very quietly told me that a) he hadn't managed to finish all his homework, and b) that he had two notes for me, that I had to sign. And no they weren't good notes. He forgot his homework twice in maths and in the break he took a tennis racket from the play box in the class room and used it as a weapon on the playground, he was caught hitting the tree with it! Can you imagine how mad I was - still am!
Unfortunately there wasn't much I could do about it, as our babysitter came round then. One of the local teenagers babysat the boys for me, whilst I went to the parents meeting at school. The boys were quite excited about it all (and I put Roberts naughtiness aside for today, but I haven't forgotten). The babysitter had tea with us, to get the boys a bit used to her before I went out. But it was a bit of a rush and I only had time to turn the tv on, and set the computer up for her. and by 6.45 I was off out again!
The parents evening went well, it was for Richard's class and apparently they are quite well behaved, she only had praise for them. The teacher already has some good things planned for the class including a trip to the puppet theatre, Richard will be excited about that. At the end of the evening we voted for a "Elternbeirat" the PTA and I and a friend from the village will be doing it! At least this time I know who I will be working with and I don't think we will have any problems together.
I got home at 9pm and everything had gone well at home. I can't wait to hear what the boys have to say in the morning! Hopefully they will be pleased that Elisa will be here again next week too!
CU tomorrow!
1 comment:
I'll tell her about the skype, but keep silent about the gift. It'll be a surprise then. ;)
Don't feel bad, I don't think a skype session would have fitted yesterday! First school, then friends over for lunch, then school again, back home where once Hans was home it was time for her gift. (waveboard... guess where we got the idea!) Then some toasted bread as a small diner, because next up was the adults party with cake and such! (as most of the adults start a holiday next weekend, she had to have her party on a schoolnight! Oh well. Just don't think the teachers will be very happy. LOL.
Hugs!
Post a Comment