Thursday, 20 September 2012

Day 264

Work this morning, when I went to start the translation I had been working on was no longer in my inbox - very strange - when I asked about it, it turns out that what I had finished had been sent to the person who wanted it, without informing me or asking me if it was ready to be sent out. GREAT - I hadn't reread it or corrected it, it was a really difficult translation and whilst translating I knew I needed to go through it again and make it sound like real English and not "Denglish", especially as the person who was to get it, is from Ireland. Well needless to say she was not impressed with my work, and it has been taken off of me and my colleague has started over and is doing it again (with a little help from my first try). I still can't believe they would just send off something unfinished without asking me at least first. Now I have to rethink how I work, do I now have to leave the last hour of each day for proofreading - but then that won't be the whole text. And sometimes you need to see the whole thing before you can spot silly mistakes, like all sentences starting the same or something similar. Oh well, maybe now I'll only get the easy stuff to translate and that wouldn't be too bad either!

After work, I went for my sport, it was fun again, but already I can feel muscles I didn't know I had! Back home I had leftover peanut chicken, and then I am not sure what I did but before I knew it, I had to go and get Richard from the bus stop. Then after he had had a drink at home we were off out to pick Robert up from his sport. Tea then and bed for the boys. Where did the day go!

I only took two pictures today, one on my phone which I posted to facebook this morning and one on the little camera of the same view, that would be this one! If only I had had the "real" camera with me, I may well have been late for work, the light this morning was so amazing!

CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

What a weird thing! They can come into YOUR inbox?? I would have thought you'd have to send it back, or place it somewhere else for them to find it 'done'.

Such busy days!
I know the feeling of where did the day go.
Mine are at school till 3.30 pm most days, then sports and/or homework added, and oh, we also need to eat somewhere... Then I Sometimes wonder where playtime is supposed to be. Sigh. Oh well.

Beautiful photo's!!